Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8800 Gt

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: 8800 Gt

Ok just ordered it, along with an aftermarket card cooler should be here on Wednesday. Once again thanks for all the help. When I install it I'll let you guys know how it goes.
    "Do or do not... there is no try."
    -Yoda

ATX Mental Case

Ok I've got a problem. I hooked up the PSU and I started playing the NFS Shift Demo again. Right before completing a 2 lap race I'm thinking "Sweet this thing is finally working". Wrong, the screen went purple and pixelated and I'm pretty sure I saw a blue screen, but the computer restarted itself. When I logged back on I got one of those Microsoft error messages, but it didn't specify what it was about. Should I re-download drivers?
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    -Yoda

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Just to be sure, I would completely uninstall the nVidia drivers, reboot, install the latest ones, then try it again. If it's still doing it with the new PSU and the new drivers, my money would be on the card.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

ATX Mental Case

Ok I got rid of the old drivers and I reinstalled new ones. I was playing the first Gears of War in Single player for at least 45 min with no signs of slowing down or locking up. I then went on to some multiplayer and also played for another 45 min but then another lockup. I'm at the point where I might just buy a new card. I also tried a demo of James Bond from the Games for Windows marketplace, but still ended up freezing.
    I appreciate all the help from everyone but I think I'm going to have to invest in a new card. Anyone know a card that perform equally if not better than this one that's not to expensive?
    Thanks in advance.
    -Yoda

Still stuck on AGP, I assume?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Still stuck on AGP, I assume?
    AGP, the 8800 is a PCI-E card, so anything that is PCI-E will work for a replacement. As long as it handle the same stuff the 8800 GT can.
    -Yoda

Whoops, sorry, that was a different thread that I was thinking about.
    --Benjamin Franklin