Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How cool is EVGA? I'm about to find out.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default How cool is EVGA? I'm about to find out.

So, I recently discovered that the awesome lifetime warranty for my EVGA GTX260 SSC only applies if it was registered within 30 days of purchase...which it wasn't... I didn't think anything of it before, but the same day I found out about that requirement, I discovered that EVGA's lifetime warranty covers GPUs that have been converted to watercooling!

So, with that in mind.. The temp sensor on the card died several weeks ago. I decided to ignore it and hope that it wasn't indicative of any serious trouble. ...bad idea, as it turns out... Last night my computer started randomly locking up and showing solid pastel colors on the two screens hooked up to my 260. Today when I went to boot it up...only the onboard GPU was working.

So, I went ahead and got an account on EVGA's website, registered my card, uploaded a PDF of the receipt, and sent in a ticket explaining my situation.

I've never dealt with EVGA's support before, but I've heard that it's stellar, so.. *crosses fingers* Here's hoping that they decide to approve my RMA even though I didn't register the card...two years ago...

EDIT:

In case they won't approve it...would anyone be interested in trading an 8800 GTX for a GTX260 (192) DD Tieton block with rear copper brace and single-bay faceplate?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Default Re: How cool is EVGA? I'm about to find out.

Great news! Even though I didn't register it, so technically my warranty expired about a year ago, they ok'd a one-time replacement!

The replacement won't have any warranty, but hey, at least I don't have to buy a new card!
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Great news! Even though I didn't register it, so technically my warranty expired about a year ago, they ok'd a one-time replacement!

The replacement won't have any warranty, but hey, at least I don't have to buy a new card!
    Awesome! Damn, I know who I'm buying from for now on!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    Awesome! Damn, I know who I'm buying from for now on!
    That, combined with aftermarket coolers and watercooling not voiding their warranties...yeah, definitely.
    --Benjamin Franklin

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Awesome!!! EVGA is one of the best!

*sigh* if only they made stuff to work with AMD and ATI...
    Not dead yet

EVGA is one of the best GFX card makers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

So the tieton is off the market?

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    So the tieton is off the market?
    Yup, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    *sigh* if only they made stuff to work with AMD and ATI...
    For ATI, I would go with XFX. They seem to be about as cool as EVGA about stuff.
    --Benjamin Franklin

For ATI, I would go with XFX. They seem to be about as cool as EVGA about stuff.
    i asked them to sponsor me with some toys.... heres hopin they are as good as every1 thinks!
    Not dead yet