Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Questions

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Newbie Questions

Quote Originally Posted by rexhunt View Post
    Wth the bike rad. wouldn't they be a bit big?
    No such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rexhunt View Post
    Yeah thats one thing I thought I may have to do...make some blocks myself, does anyone know where I can find some instructions or something?
    I don't think you would need to fab blocks yourself (unless you want to), just mounting brackets for them. It would definitely be easier to modify existing blocks, mainly because getting the contact plate perfectly flat and getting a good maze for the liquid to flow through would require a good deal of work. That being said, several of our members have made their own waterblocks. You should be able to find some with the search.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Fresh Paint

Ok I will see if I can find a block I can mod. then.

And I get what you mean with the rad. but I am trying to keep it all enclosed in the one case. So would the rad. be too big to fit in a case with all the other stuff?

It depends on the specific rad. Judging from the motorcycle rads I've seen though, it would probably have to be placed on the side wall of the case in order to fit inside.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Fresh Paint

Ok that should be all right, as long as it stays inside the case, I can just cut a hole in the side and blow the hot air out there I guess.

how would you recommend mounting the mobo?

The easiest route would be to either grab a MBB tray from an existing case or get one like the Lian-Li:
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...oducts_id=3387
    --Benjamin Franklin

Fresh Paint

Ok hopefully here are the photos I have taken from PDT.

I think these are all the photos, and the big hole on the side is for a fan, I may be moving it around a little.

And would it be possible to put the rad up the top and use convection currents to move the air past till it gets quiet hot?
    Last edited by rexhunt; 06-03-2010 at 12:55 AM. Reason: did the pictures wrong

Stick those in IMG tags, please.

EDIT:

I like those triple tubes in the front.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Fresh Paint

Not sure of the colour scheme yet, possibly the polished brass rings on the clear piping.

There is much more piping to go on the side, I need to work out the positions of the cpu, gpu, etc. for the cooling.

The pipes will hopefully show, the temperature of the liquid, the pupm speed and the level in the res. But as the pipes have an od. of 40mm it may be easier to use it as the res.

Make sure you get a STRONG pump if you're gonna have lots of piping and/or rads.

Fresh Paint

Ok, started to get the fan guard drawn up, just trying to get a smooth, even spiral in PDT. As soon as I get it done I will post some pics.

What sort of price range would a suitable pump be in?