Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arduino Controlled Water Cooling info center.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Arduino Controlled Water Cooling info center.

I just wanted to update this.

I have decided to scale this up a little. The new design will be able to display information on 2 water loops. It will include:

• 3 Temp sensor inputs
    • 2 Pump RPM inputs
    • 2 Flow Meter inputs
    • 3 Fan RPM input Plus PWM speed control
    • 1 16x2 LCD
    • 1 Alarm System to warn of flow stop. Blinking LED and Buzzer

I do plan on selling these as a complete working device. I will be creating a custom PCB for this project which will have an on-board ATMEGA328 Micro Controller. This will allow me to use as little space as possible as well as save some $$ on the production run. It will be able to be programmed by anyone with an USBASP programmer ($10 on ebay) so updating the firmware will able to be done by the user. The ACLCIC will ship with the most up to date firmware installed. I have not worked out what else will be included but as it sits right now I will be able to sell these for $99.00 USD and still turn a very small profit.

I think I may offer a few options like:

• 5.25 bay adapter (fan controls would be moved here as well.)
    • 2 or 3 bits power temp stop fittings
    • 1 or 3 temp probes
    • Different Color LCDs (Maybe RGB)

This still wont be ready for production for another month or so and then I will have to get at least a pre-order of 10 before I can manufacture and sell them at the $99.00 price. This is because it is much cheaper to buy components in bulk than single items. Think like 45% cheaper.

So just out of curiosity, If I were to list these at $99 would you consider buying one with a lead time of 2-3 weeks?

Note: No orders are being accepted at this time. I am just curious if the demand is there.
    Last edited by Oneslowz28; 06-27-2010 at 11:03 PM.