Thread: antec lanboy

Default antec lanboy

has any one seen the actual case yet? i seen a video on youtube about it. from what i can tell it looks like you can fit a 240 rad on the top and 2 360 on each side of the drive bays.

let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl6zJUQdy2M
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: antec lanboy

Interesting. Should note, however, for anyone who doesn't want to/can't watch the video, this is the LanBoy Air, not the traditional LanBoy.

It is an interesting design, but not imo very well suited for watercooling, aside from the 2x120 mount on the top. I would be very hesitant of mounting any rads on those two side doors, not only because you would have to find somewhere else to mount any drives (not so much a problem), but because they just look fairly flimsy. Just acting as doors, or even with just fans on them would be fine, but 120x3 rads? No. Not without serious modifications and added supports.

I do really like the modularity of it though, particularly the ability to swap the MBB/PSU orientation. Personally I prefer having the PSU on the bottom for added stability, but a lot of PSUs don't have long enough cables for that design to work, and some people I know prefer the PSU on top.

As for availability of it, I know I personally haven't seen it, and I would not be surprised if it's not released yet since Antec doesn't have a product page for it yet (at least not that I could find).
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Default Re: antec lanboy

idk i think you could mount the rads on the out side and reinforce the doors with something like steel rods maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide