Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Foxconn eployee jumps to his death

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Another Foxconn eployee jumps to his death

Apparently this maked #9 so far this year for Foxconn. And apparently Foxconn makes the iPhones and iPads. I did not know that

Article Here

Default Re: Another Foxconn eployee jumps to his death

Kinda makes me wonder if this was a result of mistreatment, or they threw him off the roof and made it look like suicide.

What? Steve Jobs dealing with corparate spys?
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Another disturbing part of this: it's only May. If people keep committing suicide at this rate there could be 20+ suicides by year's end.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    And apparently Foxconn makes the iPhones and iPads. I did not know that
    Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    What? Steve Jobs dealing with corparate spys?
    In all fairness, Foxconn also makes Intel-branded MBBs, various stuff for Dell and HP (cases, boards, random parts, etc), MBBs for Zoostorm, the PS2, the PS3, the Wii, the Xbox 360, Motorola cell phones, the Amazon Kindle, various Cisco equipment, and a crapton of other random computer-related stuff (you know those little plastic covers that come over the CPU socket on MBBs? Foxconn.). Basically, if you own anything computer related, you probably have at least one thing made by Foxconn. Apparently their largest plant alone employs 330,000 people! I'm pretty sure they're the largest computer manufacturer in the world.

Sucks about all the suicides though. I'm sure it's helping the employee mistreatment allegations.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

That's crazy. I always thought of foxconn being an off-brand. lol
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    In all fairness, Foxconn also makes Intel-branded MBBs, various stuff for Dell and HP (cases, boards, random parts, etc), MBBs for Zoostorm, the PS2, the PS3, the Wii, the Xbox 360, Motorola cell phones, the Amazon Kindle, various Cisco equipment, and a crapton of other random computer-related stuff (you know those little plastic covers that come over the CPU socket on MBBs? Foxconn.). Basically, if you own anything computer related, you probably have at least one thing made by Foxconn. Apparently their largest plant alone employs 330,000 people! I'm pretty sure they're the largest computer manufacturer in the world.

Sucks about all the suicides though. I'm sure it's helping the employee mistreatment allegations.
    Yeah but since I also hate apple....for now they only make Apple products.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

foxconn is in way more things than me we think... i still wouldnt trust one of the motherboards tho.... anyone else gettin a sweat shop picture in their head yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

A very accurate picture.

They were investigated for 6 days a week, 15 hour days. Paid no overtime, mandatory hours. Some shifts were seven. Then they were fined heavily, (and I do mean heavily) certain executives removed, and reopened. BTW, that was only ONE of the indentured servitude cases brought against Apple (they lost every one) though it was higher profile than the one they were hit with here in the states for their tech support.

Let me pull this one in line for everyone. Foxconn was found guilty of slavery (incidentally, apple was too) and guess what-this is what it takes for us to have the things we have. We ALL have something made by Foxconn Han Hai. It's practically inescapable. To eliminate slave labor like this would be to pay 50%-200% more.

Pick your poison, folks.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

its the sad truth