Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard Drive Air Cooling Questions

Default Re: Hard Drive Air Cooling Questions

As luck would have it, my new drive arrived while we were chatting. (only two days...nice.) So, I've spent the time since my last post mucking about a bit. I rerouted, tied off and otherwise got any unneeded cables from my PSU out of the way (and shoved into the 5.25 bay.)

That opened up a lot of room. Also, I had one of these in a drawer and figured, hey - It couldn't hurt.

That should blow some more air out of the case. Pluse, with the cables out of the way, I can see straight through the top of the case with the vent holes on either side. I'm still a bit paronoid about the HDDs, but my monitoring software tells me that my CPUs and GPU are all well within tolerances. Cross your fingures.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Crippler View Post
    I'm still a bit paronoid about the HDDs, but my monitoring software tells me that my CPUs and GPU are all well within tolerances.
    Sounds to me like you have room to overclock then!

With unimpeded airflow through the case your HDDs will be fine no matter how hard you thrash them. They can't produce enough heat on their own to harm themselves. No need to be paranoid.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    No need to be paranoid.
    But...but...that's how I roll...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Crippler View Post
    But...but...that's how I roll...
    Not anymore, son. From now on you're rolling smooth and cool like your computer.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.