Thread: Cheap little servos! Yay!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Cheap little servos! Yay!

So, a couple weeks ago I was wandering around on Deal Extreme looking for other stuff to order with my heatshrink tubing (which they apparently were backordered on ), and I found out that they have several cheap little servos. I've been wanting to play around with servo control for a while now, especially now that I'm finally starting to get into microcontrollers, but it's always been hard since they cost so much (cheapest I'd seen any elsewhere was ~$10 each). So, anyways, these were ~$4-5 each, the Tower Pros are rated at at 2.1 kg-cm, and the Mysterys are rated at 1.3 kg-cm. They ended up being smaller than I was expecting, but that's fine since a lot of the things I'm wanting to play around with require pretty small ones anyways. So, here they are:

Other than the all plastic gears, they actually feel pretty well made. Definitely better than I was expecting for $4. I figure at the very least these will be good for experimenting and prototyping, and if I decide I need something better quality later I can get them once I know what I'm looking for.

Once I get these home and start using them, I'll update with how well they work.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Default Re: Cheap little servos! Yay!

It's actually not surprising since if you can get servos almost direct from manufacter you'll find they're quite cheap. And the majority of parts are high quality.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

I wish I could buy things direct.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Dude nice score!!!!