Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling All professionals :P

Fresh Paint

Default Calling All professionals :P

Well apart from having the worst CPU cooler in the world my comp is running really hot specially the CPU. I am putting it down to bad air flow and CPU cooler I bought, I like my case apart from its flimsy and the LED on the front is busted again but as you can see its only a medi tower and its not very spaceush :p: . The cables are everywhere it’s a pain in the arse to get the side panel on it’s that bad.

I need some help and advice I have seen some really nice and tidy PCs on here. What should I do? I have seen some pics where people tuck all the cables behind the mobo back plate case panel thing so it looks really clean and tidy I might check this out and look for some pics and give it a go at the week end.

I took some pics of it all just now but forgot to show my great Abit Uguru panel . And I will get to work on the dust on the case fan plate :p:

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Calling All professionals :P

well atleast you know what the problem is and want to do something about it. Two thumbs up on admitting it. Most people wouldn't bother. Anywho...
    It looks to me that in your case, zip ties will be your best friend. I also noticed that you have plenty of space in the drive bays to put a lot of wiring in and hide em there. Why don't you try and do that. Sure it's a whole lot of folding and what not but it would eliminate atleast half the problem. well that's what i would do in this situation. Hope this helps a little...

"What the deuce?"..Stewy Griffon

ATX Mental Case

clean the dust on your grill, new cpu cooler, and clean the wires, maybe some RAM heatsinks if you dont have em.
    Comp Specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 939 3200+
    ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
    2x 1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
    100GB HDD 7200 RPM SATA
    2x in SLI, 7600 GT 256 MB
    500W PSU

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

wire management. try to keep the wires out of the way of the airflow, hide unused wires, etc. also, sleeve/loom them if you can. about the temps; get a new CPU cooler (Cooler Master Hyper 6+ if you want to go overboard), RAMsinks or heatspreaders, new GPU heatsink/fan, or just get water cooling.

-Omega

Fresh Paint

Ok I done it all, it didn't go as successful as I had hoped though. There are just too many wires with the neon’s and case fans and a medi case to hide them all. I put in extra 4 case fans at the front bottom bit of the case and had all the wires behind the mobo tray and cable tied up the rest the best I can. For some stupid reason Abit put the sys fan header on the opposite side of the mobo so any chance of putting one in there is doubt full, I am sure there is meant to be 4 AUX fan headers but only one as well.

My CPU cooler is worse then I thought, Akasa really have done there hardest to make that one a piece of , the fan is absolute tiny. My case window fan I put on ages is like a typhoon compared to that but I have no money to buy anything atm so that will have to do.

I will post pictures when my dad gets back from holiday he’s got teh camera .

holy cable managment batman!!!

Clean those up buddy those might just be the worst i have ever really seen.

Spaceroach

Dude, that's nothing.

That green stuff around the power cables would be duct tape. It's been fixed up since, but only because heat/dust killed my PSU.

ATX Mental Case

It look alot better... more can be done, but that's up to you. How's your comp running now?

Oh, whoops... wrong guy. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

But that does look alot better than the other comp...
    Optimist - The glass is half full
    Pessimist - The glass is half empty
    Engineer - The glass is twice as big
    Me - There is water in a glass, deal with it

Sam666-try to tape some of the cables to the sides where they won't be seen through the window

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

grr.

i thought my duct-tape cable wrapping was original. =[

well at least mine is silver.

anywho, i wanted better cable management so i whipped out the dremel and cut a hole to run unused wires. now, i only use 4 wires; two for molex, one ATX and one dual 12v.