Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Making my room my workshop

Default Making my room my workshop

My rooms is fairly big i have storage space under my table and under my bed and i want to make it in to my workshop sort of thing but i am on a very low budget about 25-30pounds and i need to have storage for spare parts,storage for nuts bolts cabling stuff liek that and somewhere i can put my power tools and my big tools such as hammer drill etc if you have any ideas or sites then post them please

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Making my room my workshop

Seperation blinds is a good way to start. Sure you'll be halfing your room but that's the price of this project. If you have rug, I suggest getting a large sheet of linoleum to put on the workshop side so that when screws, bits, metal particles, and such fall on the floor... well it'll be less of a hassle. Oh and good ventilation is key. As far as storage, large bins are cheep and you can get them at your local post office in different sizes. A schematic of your room or quick drawn blueprint would really help in this case.

"What the deuce?"..Stewy Griffon

would pictures be ok

Quote Originally Posted by richmandudeus
    Seperation blinds is a good way to start. Sure you'll be halfing your room but that's the price of this project. If you have rug, I suggest getting a large sheet of linoleum to put on the workshop side so that when screws, bits, metal particles, and such fall on the floor... well it'll be less of a hassle. Oh and good ventilation is key. As far as storage, large bins are cheep and you can get them at your local post office in different sizes. A schematic of your room or quick drawn blueprint would really help in this case.
    Do u mean like windows or vents???

ATX Mental Case

windows is good if they are large enough. If you have the ability to put a vent then hey why not. Like you said it's up to your budget.
    I prefer vents because one, you can place it in whatever direction you want the air to go as far as intake or out, and two, sometimes all it takes is a little breeze to ruin a masterpiece. If not vents, then windows should do just fine.

Pics would help a great deal.

this is the space under my table i will post more pics 2moz

ATX Mental Case

you might want to prop the camera on something instead of holding it... i'm getting nauseous trying to make out what i'm looking at

Hey is nothing to do with me its my cam my cousion got hold of it thought he would pull a few things out stick one in his mouth and put it back so it sorta broken

ATX Mental Case

I wish my room was bigger it is about 2m wide by about 3m long and my workshop(Shed) you frezze your balls off in there lol!

mines about 5-6m wide and 8-9m long