Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: War Flag

some custom title eh Cannibal23's Avatar

Default War Flag

working on the side panel design for a case featureing a cutout of the imperial japanese riseing sun flag. (its the one they use during times of war) there is a few problems though. alot of the outside of the case is going to be plane white. any ideas on how to spruce it up a bit without taking away from the japanese theme??

Fresh Paint

Default Re: War Flag

Is not purple the color of Rolalty in Japan? Or was that Yellow....any way if you did a purple or yellow pant job with metal flakes in it (flat) that would look nice..

plus you could take the "rays" of the sun and extend them on to the top of the case....you could use red plexy since the whole of the sun if red and light it with white LCD lights just to make it stand out.....I do not know it could look right the other way around or not...

mm now thats an idea. i was just thinking of doing the side panel but i wonder if i install the sidepanel and get a ruler or Tsquare and make the rays wrap arround the entire thing... that could be friggan awesome. i think the problem would arise in 2 areas. one area would be the front panel as it is plastic and not exactly flat dont know how i would get the plex to bend and stay bent. (yes im a noob) other then that i think attaching the plex to the top portion of the case (from the inside) would be tricky where the powersupply sits as i dont think there is alot of space for an extra lump of plex between the top of the psu and the inside surface of the case. beyond that i think it sounds totaly friggan awesome dude. im definately going to be exploring this idea. oh one more thing. the only way i have ever attached plex is through the use of little bolts that look like rivits. any idea on other ways to attach it that acctually work? i tired epoxy and it wasnt flexable enough

Quote Originally Posted by xris
    Is not purple the color of Rolalty in Japan? Or was that Yellow....any way if you did a purple or yellow pant job with metal flakes in it (flat) that would look nice..

plus you could take the "rays" of the sun and extend them on to the top of the case....you could use red plexy since the whole of the sun if red and light it with white LCD lights just to make it stand out.....I do not know it could look right the other way around or not...

Fresh Paint

Hi all, I'm pretty sure the colour of royalty in Japan is Yellow due to its title as 'The Chrysanthemum Throne' named after the pale yellow flower.

Just a thought but googling it finds an entry in 'wiki'.

Sounds like a wicked case idea!

Go Nuts

i ment the one for the imperial army. the red and white one. so far its comming allong quite nicely. a few things to work out but im in it already so im sure i will find a solution. im persueing that wrap arround idea too. its going to look chillin
    - The stone knows not why the chistle cleves it
    - The steel knows not why the fire scorches it
    - When thy life is cleft and scorched
    - Curse not thine evil fate
    - Thank the builder for the trials that shape thee.

Quote Originally Posted by xris

well dude ive taken you up on this wrap arround idea and its looking really good so far. thanks for the inspiration.

hmm.. i think what he meant by the extending idea was to actually have the rays extend vertically off the side of the case, so they ended above it. But if you've already started, too late now. OR mod it more!!

unfortunately this mod is already under progress. things have been cut and measured and remeasured and recut. might be an idea for the future though. i really hope this mod is done soon. i know the window is going to look badass but i cant think of anything to do with the front panel really

ATX Mental Case

i would to extend the rays all the way aroudn the case to the other side and paint another flag there.
    No genuis is a organized worker.

PROJECT "2GHz OF THUMPIN BASS" HAS BEGUN!!!! CHEAK IT OUT IN THE "PROJECT WORKLOGS" AREA.

well i got my ligting now. in installed it and looked at how it shines and moved it arround a lil and stuff. so now i have a problem. basicly the entire inside of the case lights up accept the area on the side of the 5 1/4 drive bays. seems there isnt enough room for the ligt to get up beside it and really shine on it. so what i have is a lil dark spot about the size of a cd case. any ideas?