Thread: WTS - Thinkpad X200 - perfect condition

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default WTS - Thinkpad X200 - perfect condition

Asking price is $800 plus shipping, and yes, I'll ship anywhere in the world as long as you are willing to pay the shipping to get it there.

I bought it about 1.5 years ago, right when it came out (right when it came out...price drop ~1 month after release happened while it was in the mail... ), and have taken very good care of it since. I'm getting rid of it now because I honestly don't need it anymore, and I want to hopefully catch the wave while it's still worth a fair amount. Anyways, on to the specs and pics.

Lenovo Thinkpad X200:
    12.1" 1280x800 display
    Intel 4500MHD
    Intel C2D P8400 2.26Ghz
    160GB 5400RPM HDD
    4GB DDR3-1066
    Intel WiFi Link 5300 (a/g/n)
    9-cell battery
    bluetooth
    integrated wifi, bluetooth, and WWAN antennas
    Trackpoint and fingerprint reader
    5-in-1 media card reader
    modem
    integrated webcam
    Vista Business license
    XP Pro 'downgrade' license

It is running Ubuntu right now, but I can ship it with XP Pro, Vista Business, 7 (with no license key applied), or your choice of Linux.

When it was running Vista, I was able to push it to ~9.5 hours of battery life with radios (wifi and bluetooth) turned off and the display brightness turned down, and I think about 8-8.5 hours with the wifi turned on and the display at medium brightness. In Ubuntu, I haven't really tried to improve the battery life at all, so it only gets ~5-6 hours with wifi on, display on upper mid brightness and compiz-fusion (aka, pretty graphics) turned on.

Lenovo recently discontinued the X200 line, but for context, a new one from their outlet store with almost identical specs is going for $962. I paid $1,912 for it when I bought it new. Reasonable offers will be considered.

I took a couple more shots on my way out the door this morning, but when I actually stopped to look at them, they were rubbish. I'll get more up later when I get home.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: WTS - Thinkpad X200 - perfect condition

Any interest in this if I drop to $700? I'd rather it go to someone I know than random person on eBay.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Re: WTS - Thinkpad X200 - perfect condition

Make sure you set a reserve on ebay
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440