Thread: Review: Vantec USB 3.0 PCI-Express card and NexStar 3 USB 3.0 enclosure

Default Review: Vantec USB 3.0 PCI-Express card and NexStar 3 USB 3.0 enclosure

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=482]Review: Vantec USB 3.0 PCI-Express card and NexStar 3 USB 3.0 enclosure[/drupal]

by Curtis Gauger (OvRiDe)

Vantec has recently released new products to get users on the SuperSpeed highway of USB 3.0. Whether you have the latest motherboard with on board USB 3.0 ports or not, they have you covered. With the introduction of their UGT-PC302 PCI-Express card and the NexStar 3 USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure your just a simple installation away from joining the 5 Gbps revolution...more...
    Last edited by Oneslowz28; 04-05-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Review: Vantec USB 3.0 PCI-Express card and NexStar 3 USB 3.0 enclosure

Good review; as I was reading through the intro, I found myself thinking "hmm, what he should really do is compare the same drive in the enclosure on USB 2.0 and USB 3.0"... Looks like great minds think alike.

One thing I would really like to see is a USB3 connected SSD. The biggest problem (imo) with USB2 for mass storage is the inability to maintain high sustained read/write speeds; USB3 was supposed to fix that, but with platter HDDs, the difference isn't all that apparent.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV