Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: paint job: Hazard

Default Re: paint job: Hazard

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    16 hours... whaaaaa?? lol... looking nice! ps, y not paint / clear coat the DVD drive
    yeah, kinda sucks with the paint... I will paint the dvd drive later, so it'll blend in nicely
    (in fact... me thinks maybe I'll start with it later this week, since the side panel also has some black in it...)

Quote Originally Posted by Couch3ater View Post
    Looks really nice! =D
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jiggiwiddit View Post
    Thats looking really good

I'm thinking the a colored car polish (black) might get rid of some of the imperfections.

Love the color scheme, reminds me of a yamaha motorbike that I had in the 80s
    Now that you mention it, it kinda does! however, I think there was some white in that color scheme too, wasn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by silverdemon View Post
    Now that you mention it, it kinda does! however, I think there was some white in that color scheme too, wasn't there?
    Yep, I had one of these. And it was a hazard (scary fast)

I'm and old timer ha

keep up the good work

"I spent a lot of money on booze, women and fast cars, the rest I just squandered." George Best

PROJECT: DIRTY BOMB

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

Isn't it amazing what a difference just a cool paint job can make? Looks great so far! I know you said that the camera flash reveals a lot more inside the old floppy drive opening than what you can normally see, but personally I think it might be good to get a piece of sheet styrene or something, paint it black (heck, even black Bristol paper would work) and cover up that opening from the inside. Also, are you leaving that front fan white? Might look kinda cool to paint it black with a yellow stripe around the middle of the blades so when it spins there's a yellow circle inside the opening...or leave it white and do a black stripe...
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

Quote Originally Posted by jiggiwiddit View Post
    Yep, I had one of these. And it was a hazard (scary fast)

I'm and old timer ha

keep up the good work
    Nice Bike! some family of mine used to race with classic motorbikes. My brother-in-law built a couple of Benelli (250cc and 350cc) and his father had a bunch of Yamahas (blue and black and a white one I think). I'll see if I can upload some pictures and post a link for you...
    Here is a (very) small collection of photo's of the classic bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    Isn't it amazing what a difference just a cool paint job can make? Looks great so far! I know you said that the camera flash reveals a lot more inside the old floppy drive opening than what you can normally see, but personally I think it might be good to get a piece of sheet styrene or something, paint it black (heck, even black Bristol paper would work) and cover up that opening from the inside.
    Thanks! It looks tons different indeed. about the floppy thing: My case is on the ground under my desk, so you can't really look into the floppy-bay unless you're on the ground yourself... Maybe I can add a black-thingie behind it for my photos though.

Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    Also, are you leaving that front fan white? Might look kinda cool to paint it black with a yellow stripe around the middle of the blades so when it spins there's a yellow circle inside the opening...or leave it white and do a black stripe...
    I said it earlier, but the fan will be yellow. That's actually how this whole paint-scheme started:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trace View Post
    I'm thinking black and yellow, nuclear theme. (the front blowhole looks kinda like an atomic symbol)
    (this quote is from another thread.)

Thanks for the reactions, keep safe - silverdemon
    Last edited by silverdemon; 04-21-2010 at 04:40 AM. Reason: added link

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silverdemon View Post
    I said it earlier, but the fan will be yellow.
    whoops, I totally missed that Yellow will look great too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

Small update, well actually not a real update...

Some of you may have noticed that I painted over the LEDs on the front panel. At first I didn't care, because I never look at those LEDs, but I found out that they shine through the 3 or 4 layers of paint, which is pretty cool

So during the day, when the room is lit brightly by the big old sun (or when the computer is turned off) you can't see the light from the LEDs and the case looks like this:

But when it's a bit darker, even in the evening with the lights on you can see the light through the paint:

I know this last picture is rubbish, but it gives you an idea of how it looks. For the picture I made sure my hard drive was doing stuff, so that that LED was also turned on, when idle only the amber LED is on.

Small update on the side-panel: I'm going to spray an extra layer of yellow because I think I can still see through some bits of the paint, so expect this to take a bit longer (maybe end of next week finished)...

keep safe - silverdemon

Small sneak preview:

I'm going to spray one more layer of black, then one more layer of yellow and after that some clearcoats, so expect more pictures at the beginning of next week...

keep safe - silverdemon

Wow, this paint job is coming out GREAT. Glad to see your concept come into reality. Not to mention your paint skills are quite good. Looking forward to seeing the final results.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Quote Originally Posted by chaksq View Post
    Wow, this paint job is coming out GREAT. Glad to see your concept come into reality. Not to mention your paint skills are quite good. Looking forward to seeing the final results.
    It's funny you should say that... I messed up a bit on the side panel. Somehow there was a drop of clear-coat on my panel and it just ate through the three (or four) layers of black paint and left a nasty spot on the panel. I had to touch it up again...
    It seems I'm just not patient enough to paint with this paint, I want to finish this panel, but rushing actually makes it look worse... Anyways, I think I'll finish it this week.

thanks for your support!

Hahaha, the same can be said for any kind of paint. Rushing is a bad thing. Modding is just like life; patience is a virtue. That being said, when things like orders from online show up on my door step, I'm less than patient to tear everything apart. =D
    "Don't imitate the world; Create your own."