Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini X2

Rankenphile

Default Re: Lamborghini X2

Tech-Daddy said it best - spend time with your family while you can. Most of us will be waiting patiently for your return, the rest of us... well, we'll just be waiting.

Good looking gear you got there, I can't wait to see what you do with it all.

Overclocked

Managed to get some work done when everyone was asleep. Had a small scare today. I noticed the AMD 60 was missing. Thought one of the kids running around here decided to play with it or something. Turned out my Uncle was showing it to my brother in-law. That was a $1000 sweat

Told everyone ... sorry, garage is off limits, especially to kids.

Decided to keep the short hood scoop, and sanded it and gave it a base coat of Auto-Air Colors, dark sealer. But it just doesn't look right to me anymore.

Does it look straight to you guys? I want to make sure before I paint it.

And Tech-Daddy, how do you like the compressor? I'm not sure it's powerful enough now, what do you think?

Scoop shots.

honestly, I have not used it a ton yet. WHat I have used it on it has worked well. I mean, I'm using a Badger Crecendo airbrush. I'm not using any kind of HVLP or gravity fed brush, so I think this compressor seems to be able to hold it's own on what I have done thus far.

more training and scrap work than actual painting.

Oh, and I love the shape! I think it looks astounding. The one thing that I would want to work on is the rectangular bulge in the front of the scoop entrance. I would want to find a way to make that match the rest of the rounded, sculpted roof line.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Tech-Daddy
    honestly, I have not used it a ton yet. WHat I have used it on it has worked well. I mean, I'm using a Badger Crecendo airbrush. I'm not using any kind of HVLP or gravity fed brush, so I think this compressor seems to be able to hold it's own on what I have done thus far.

more training and scrap work than actual painting.

Yeah, I think I'll play with it some more to see if I can get better with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech-Daddy
    Oh, and I love the shape! I think it looks astounding. The one thing that I would want to work on is the rectangular bulge in the front of the scoop entrance. I would want to find a way to make that match the rest of the rounded, sculpted roof line.
    Boy, that took some sanding. I didn't think I was ever going to get both sides to match up. And I was thinking the same about the front. I think I'll try to re-sculpture the front tonight, well, at least slam on some more bondo and start sanding again. My arms are tired The shape prevents me from using the mouse sander on most of it. And I'm using a pipe with sandpaper rapped around it. Most relatives are leaving tomorrow, so I'll get some decent work done on it this coming weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MDCS
    Boy, that took some sanding. I didn't think I was ever going to get both sides to match up. And I was thinking the same about the front. I think I'll try to re-sculpture the front tonight, well, at least slam on some more bondo and start sanding again. My arms are tired The shape prevents me from using the mouse sander on most of it. And I'm using a pipe with sandpaper rapped around it. Most relatives are leaving tomorrow, so I'll get some decent work done on it this coming weekend.

I am right there with you. Scoop sculpting (cripes, say that 3 times fast!) is not easy by any stretch!

Overclocked

Yeah, looking at the second shot (I seem to see it better in pics then actually looking at it) but it looks like the front right needs to go in a little more as well as the back right side. The left front turns in a little more then the right front. For the front, I think I'll slap some bondo on each corner, and go at it with a round file to round out the intake.

When I show it to family, they just say, it looks even to me.
    The other half just say why? Why are you even doing it in the first place

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by MDCS
    The other half just say why? Why are you even doing it in the first place
    To borrow a semi-famous quote about HD Motorcycles:

If you have to explain, they wouldn't understand.
    'I'm gonna cut yer heart out wit' a SPOON!'

Sheriff of Nottingham (Alan Rickman), Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves

Overclocked

Can't round out the front top. The mesh screen gets in the way, and I have it glued from the inside. So, I'm attempting to round off at least the bottom. I'm sure I can get the round file to work there. Sanding will be tough for lack of space. But I already started and I'm now waiting for the bondo to dry. Thinking of using a small dowel wrapped with paper to sand it. Pics tonight.

Overclocked

Tried to round off the bottom front. But It was just too tight to make it look right. I kept filing and sanding. But no matter what, it wouldn't match the intake or each side. It would have ended up covering up part of the mesh and kinda hanging there. Ended up filing it until it was gone.
    I should have done it that way from the start.

I did manage to level off the front where it looked like it dropped more then the other side. Now I'll have to smooth it all out again.

looking better!!!!
    Now... go take some ibuprophen for those aching arms!