Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini X2

Overclocked

Default Re: Lamborghini X2

Had a roof leak during the last rain storm, spent most of the weekend getting that taken care of. And Monday & Tuesday getting estimates for a new roof. But did manage to get some things done on the case.

While doing the hood scoop, half way through I decided I hated it. I think like the Boss 57, it must be the whole length, or most of it. This half version (because of the flip top) just doesn't look right. And it just doesn't fit the Lamborghini style. So I did a quick sand, and primer just to get a better idea. And yup, I hate it!!! So, the hood scoop is out. I'm going to start again. But this time go with the low profile air-foil, and Lamborghini style side scoops instead.

Shots of ugly, short hood scoop.

I have a feeling this case is going to take awhile

Fresh Paint

Hey MDCS I actualty think the little scoop looks good man, it will look better with paint, but thats just my opinion

dunno what you dont like about it, but I think it is a fine scoop! Dont scrap all of that work, try a bit longer to make it work....

Extend the leading "legs" out a bit more, making the scoop more dagger like, giving the leading edge the appearance of cutting the air.

Just a thought.

but I *know* right where you are... that whole "How the F**K am I going to make this scoop sit right and look good??!?" thought process... all I can say is caffeene can make you irritated and irrational. If you are tired, and hitting a wall on the scoop, step away for a night, and hit it again tomorrow... after a shower and some quality time with the Mrs.!!! (Tell her it is therapy and it will help the mod progress...)

ATX Mental Case

This reminds me, I should have those pics ready sometime this weekend. Probably sunday. I'll emailt hem to you, there will probably be well over 40 pics.

Overclocked

I think it's too stubby looking. And just doesn't fit a Lamborghini style.
    I think I'll take your advice T-D and just sit back for awhile and think it over on how to make it better. I could extend the legs a little. But not the scoop itself because of the flip top. Right now I'm just not liking it though.

Resident Alcoholic

Hmm I can see what you mean about it not being very lamborghini but i do like it! I think that I know why it doesnt look lamborghini enough! The lamborghinis tend to have the opposite of scoops. Instead of sticking out, all of the features like that on a lamborghini kind of go into the body. Let me find some pics to show you what i mean!

Now, you see what I mean? The scoops are not like muscle cars where they come out of the car, they are imbedded into the bodywork as if the body dips in. You should also notice that lamborghinis also have lots of scoops facing the other way.
    Maybe look at pics of their bodywork and actualy take specific features and use them in the mod in the same place as in the car, for example, the trademark side scoop behind the door on the bottom of the sides. You could use that either side of your case at the bottom and mount two small fans in them!
    Just an idea!
    Good work btw, I could never get something to look as pro as that!
    Peace
    H

Overclocked

Thank you for the shots. The top one has the rear scoop I was going for.

Resident Alcoholic

Maybe it would work better if you took the side vent style scoops from that top pic (the ones behind the door) and encorperated them as well!

Maybe instead of building up, you could build in. If you have the space I think that cutting the top panel along three sides and bending a portion down could really help you get the lambo style. I whipped up a couple freehand pics to show what I mean, cause I am one of those "I-can't-explain-without-doodling-people".

Maybe with a little bit of build up along the intake edge and some smoothing with bondo, you could get the look you are after. Maybe some black screening could hide some fans mounted on the vertical for airflow. Just a quick idea for you to think on.

Which ever way you go, this is looking really good so far and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Great work so far and good luck to you.
    ***Impossible means it will just take more time***

Resident Alcoholic

Thats exactly what I was trying to hint towards! I think you should go with that idea personaly! but then again its a shame to waste the scoop you already have!