Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII...well nobody else started it.

Default Final Fantasy XIII...well nobody else started it.

Anybody besides me playing this game currently? I'm really in awe at the graphics. This game looks SOOOOOOO sexy and clean on my tv. All the reviews I read kind of made me not want to buy it, but I pre-ordered it anyway. The thing that made me want to not buy it was on all the reviews I read they were all bashing the story and saying it sucked. I have to disagree. I think the story is awesome....but the characters are lame. And I don't mean they're bad characters, I just mean they're lame as in their personalities and choice of words. Snow for instance, is probably my least favorite character. Not because he's not valuable to the team, he is, it's just because he's a huge tool.

All and all I'm really enjoying the game, and more so the cinematics. The clips in this game are absolutely breathtaking. I also enjoy the way you can change your paradigms in the middle of the battle. Really helpful for quick buffing.

So what are your thoughts overall?
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man. "
    -Henry David Thoreau-

-Told You So Studios

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII

I'm playing it. Currently on chapter 7 or 8. I'm enjoying it. I like the battle system. The story is fine. Keeping track of all the different names, fal'cie, l'cie, cie'th was a little annoying. Why they had to name everything so similar, when they should know I'm horrible at remembering names of things is beyond me, lol.

The thing that I don't care for is that I don't feel like this would be one that I could replay much. Other games you could go through and level differently, or kill off and try to play through with just one character, build characters differently (even if they often tend to be all the same on your first play through).

You are seemingly locked into this one path, this one role. That goes for the map too. The biggest breath of air was the beach, and that was nothing. Little places like that could have had a lot of impact on the feel of the game, yet that is the only place so far I've encountered.

I'm enjoying it thoroughly though. Just a different experience than before, that's all.

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII...well nobody else started it.

I don't play per say, more like advise my gf while she plays. However I do agree that the graphics are stunning, this is the first PS3 game we've played that actually looks good. The story is okay, once I read through the datalog I started to be able to understand the various names and factions. I don't really understand the structure of the Crystarium but my gf seems to so not a big deal. Really though, the biggest selling feature of this game is making me enjoy spending the extra money on the 46" 1080p TV.
    TheMainMan

agreed that the names were kind of a pain. I'm only on chapter 3 though, so don't spoil it for me. i wish i could get a whole day with nothing else to do but grind on that game for about ten hours.....
    -Henry David Thoreau-

-Told You So Studios

i was considering starting one, but when i started one for when XII came out there wasn't much response.
    EDIT: well i thought i did, but i guess i didn't.

i preordered XIII and really like the looks and everything, but the release date was bad timing for me since bad company came out a week before. so i've been playing that mainly. i want to be able to focus and only play XIII as i tend to forget what i need to do after a while.

currently on chapter 3 as well.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Yeah, I know how that is. In fact, I have to take a hiatus from XIII. It would make more sense to wait until I can sit down and grind on it for a day or two. Lately I have too much going on. I have like ten side projects I'm working on, and I'm about to have a daughter within the next week!
    -Henry David Thoreau-

-Told You So Studios

Quote Originally Posted by burntheland View Post
    Yeah, I know how that is. In fact, I have to take a hiatus from XIII. It would make more sense to wait until I can sit down and grind on it for a day or two. Lately I have too much going on. I have like ten side projects I'm working on, and I'm about to have a daughter within the next week!
    ya, might wanna get XIII done asap then as i don't see you touching it for a year lol. though i have no idea how kids are and are scared to know lol.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Seeing as how the old lady is getting induced tomorrow at 5am, I can let you know how it goes. lol
    -Henry David Thoreau-

-Told You So Studios

im at chapter 11 at the moment and for those of you who want to get off of the main story for a while dont fear you eventually will be able to but let me say this be prepared to have your ass handed to you on occasion while you do
    "it only takes one voice to start a revolution"

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

My girlfriend and I have been playing on and off for the last two weeks, the more we play the more I've been enjoying this game. Some of the story development is predictable, some is definitely not (end of Chapter 7, I think). Still drooling over the graphics and starting to enjoy the battle system and Crystarium. I'm a FF noob so this is all new territory for me but I've been enjoying what I've seen so far.
    TheMainMan