Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has a psp and what do you think

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Default Who has a psp and what do you think

Ok guys title says it all who hasa psp and what do you think
    I have heard the psp 3000 has a better screen quality wise what about hacking wise.
    The unclaimed baggage i go to has psp's i would like a 3000 model for those of you that has one is there an outside apperance give away ie how can i tell if it is 3000 model lastly . Do you love it,regret , or can live without it

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Default Re: Who has a psp and what do you think

Personally I have a 1001 series and like it for the once in a while game. I use it more for streaming music from my home server in my workshop or upstairs when I'm cleaning and don't want to crank the stereo till the neighbors call the cops. I really don't do any hacking with it. One thing I haven't tried is streaming video through Orb. You can tell what series the PSP is by looking on the bottom left side and look for the white sticker with the serial # on it. It will say something like "PP118******-PSP1001"

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Hey thanks +rep i want it for music and watching movies and stuff at work i think i can put movies on it more a media player than a game machine i want a touch or hd zune but i can get one for $60

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

I think the PSP can support up to 8 gig memory sticks. And with streaming you can watch almost unlimited viewing. I'll do some experimentation with mine and some software I've been fiddling with. All the videos are MPEG4 format.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

You can also tell by the ring on the back. Thin console and thick ring is 2000, thin console and thin ring is 3000.

The 3000 (from what I remember) is terrible for hacking and you can't just do a Pandora battery. 1000 and 2000 take roughly 3 minutes to hack with a Pandora battery.

-CollinstheClown

Last Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Bopher View Post
    I think the PSP can support up to 8 gig memory sticks. And with streaming you can watch almost unlimited viewing. I'll do some experimentation with mine and some software I've been fiddling with. All the videos are MPEG4 format.
    Sony Actually has a 32GB MS Pro Duo (Or whatever it is) Memory stick out that supposedly works with PSP. It would only make sense since Sony made it. http://www.amazon.com/16GB-Memory-St...9437910&sr=8-8

I have a 16GB memory stick which actually consists of two 8GB Micro SDHC Memory cards in a MS Pro Duo Converter. You can get memory cards for way cheaper if you do it like that. Converters support up to 32GB at the moment as far as I know, except for the photofast converter that clips on to the back of your psp and looks ugly as sin.

hey thanks guys this is loads of help +rep to all

I finally found one at the unclaimed baggage i frequent it is a 1000 as far as i can tell i will post a pic later What sites do you guys like which ones should i avoid .
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/
    www.pspmod.com
    one thing im kind of confused about do i have to make a pandora battery to hack it ?
    is there another way or can i jsut install homebrew the more i read the more confused i get lol
    i also found these places to get pandora batteries and magic memory sticks i just dont know if there legit lol
    http://www.pandorabatteryco.com/shop...od&productId=7

http://www.pandorasales.com
    Last edited by Liquid_Scope_99; 04-22-2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: add link

PM if you want to send me your battery and i'll pandora it for you... u just have to cover shipping

once uve used it to mod your PSP.. u can unpandora the battery very easily..
    a few button pushes and your good
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

i have a 3000 (modded of course) and sure i dont have the ability to pandora it, but i always put it in standby anyways, and a chickhen mod isnt hard to do (i know mines not chickhen but its the exact same style of mod) works everytime so theres no failure rates on it. the only game i havent been able to get working is MHFU and then it was only the online play. the issue with doing a 3000 is it HAS the be the right firmware to do it 5.03 or lower, whereas a 1000 can be pandora'd

as per previously posted 2000's CANNOT be pandora'd without an 88 series motherboard, if it is a 90 series (and most are) you CANNOT pandora it.