Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Project : Far Cry

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Project : Far Cry

Hey guys…

Just a very small update for now. Haven’t been doing too much work on the case lately as I have another project which needs to be completed. Still I must get busy on this case soon as there is only 92days left till the competition.

I was very bored at work today, as I have been most days recently. Luckily my boss is cool and lets me do stuff when there are no customers around. Unfortunately with all my tools being at home etc there’s not much I can do.

Anyway this is what I did today.

I took a sheet of 0.8mm Plasctruct, drew out the Farcry logo.

And cut it out.

Still a bit of work to do on it, the edges are mostly angled like the logo with only the rounded ones to go. Obviously there’s a bit more to cut out in the r’s and a and a few scratch marks to do. Then time to paint…. Not sure how I’m going to do the painting part yet.

That’s all for now people, hopefully more very soon or this might not get done in time.

I think this mod is going to look cool as hell. Very nice designs so far!

ATX Mental Case

Thanks man, Yeeeep hopefully it will all turn out good

Just organized me some Second hand but never used water cooling gear Will be getting a Danger Den Copper tdx 939 and Xflo 2 Rad hopefully next Tuesday after I get paid Then I just need a pump, reservoir and some tubing. The tubing will be the hardest to find I think You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get Tygon tubing over here in New Zealand

Don’t even need a reservoir for the Far Cry case though... It will have its own very large reservoir … more on that when I get closer to doing it though :p

I just got back in from the garage, been doing a bit more work on the logo, will post some pics tomorrow.

ATX Mental Case

It was another day of nothing at work. So I spent most of the day working on the logo for the case.

I added another layer of 0.8mm plastruct onto the back for a bit or strength as it was fairly weak around the groves. Then a few hours with some needle files and this is where it’s at.

A bit more sanding and maybe a little filling in the unintentional scratches and it will be ready for paint.

I love the weathered and beaten up work that you did on that logo.....looking great...very natural!!

Nice job! Looks amazing!

Rankenphile

Indeed, great job there. It's tough to make damage look natural and dynmic like that, and you nailed it!

ATX Mental Case

Thanks so much for the kind words people

Yep the whole thing wasn’t that easy really, probably took me about 2-3hours over 2 days to get it where it was in the previous pics. At that rate the case will never be done in time, which can mean only one thing… I have to spend more time on it

Anyway didn’t get a whole lot done over the weekend as I had other projects to get done. I have started playing with some paint though.

First off I put a little black on

Then a bit of darkish grey

Then a few light coats of racing white, which is sort of an off white/cream type colour.

After that I spent a few mins with a fine paint brush and some brown and black paint. You can also see the background better in this pic.

BUT tomorrow I bring out the wet and dry sand paper and sand it all off again because I’m not happy with it

It’s a bit like every sketch I have ever done in my life, looks really nice as plain pencil, then the teacher or friend or whoever tells me to color it in and it just ruins the whole thing. Unfortunately I do want this to have a bit of color so it will look like the real thing.

This isn’t the sort of painting that I’m used to, have never really done natural looking sort of things before so it might take a bit of time to get things right.

Once again thanks guys. More updates soon!

ATX Mental Case

thats the kind of wood ppl make subwoofer enclosers with right?...where can i find it?....is MDF the real name?

Rankenphile

MDF, if I remember correctly, stands for Multi-Density Fiberboard, which is basically a dense chipboard type of plywood. You should be able to walk into any hardware store and ask for it.

At my work, we use MDO, which is Multi-Density Overlay, basically a very dense and durable laminate board. I get scraps and such from time to time, which is great because it is quite expensive wood, and very useful.