Thread: Change hardware acceleration settings?

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Change hardware acceleration settings?

Ok, lately I've been having issues with audio while using the USB 5.1 module with my gamecom 777 headset. I'm getting popping and crackling in the headphones. It doesnt do it with the PC speakers, or if I dont use the USB module and just plug them in normally. The gamecom site says to turn the hardware acceleration from full to standard to cure it. I looked where they said to and I have no settings for it.

heres what they say to do:
    This may be caused if your DirectX hardware acceleration is set too high. From the Start menu select the Run command and type in “dxdiag”, press enter. Go to the Sound 1 tab and decrease the hardware acceleration slider by one setting.
    but on my Sound 1 tab there is no slider for it. I looked through all of my windows settings and cant find it anywhere. I'm running W7 Ult. 64-bit. anyone have any ideas?

Default Re: Change hardware acceleration settings?

anyone? ......Bueller.....?

I"m thinking that the audio acceleration stuff they are describing is for XP.

I'm not sure where it is in W7, I'll check it out when I get one on the workbench. Otherwise, if it only happens with USB, does it happen on other USB ports? How many USB devices are you running? I had an issue with a USB 7.1 device once.. if I ran the USB audio and a USB mouse at once, the audio would click and drop, due to a bandwidth limitation.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

my keyboard, mouse, wireless adapter and that headset are USB. Funny thing is I never had an issue with it until I installed 64-bit.

Try yanking the wifi adaptor, and see if the audio issue is sorted.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

well Luke I think you're on to something with the wifi. the wife's computer is hooked to mine through the LAN port with a crossover cable. I was playing tonight with her computer off and it was a lot better. still got a random pop every now and then, but that was it

I"m not sure how many USB channels you have in your machine, but even if you have two, try splitting the headset off to it's own channel, so it can have all of the bandwidth for audio. Multi-channel audio requires huge bandwidth, and even USB 2.0 can theoretically be saturated.

You could always add a PCI card with 4 more USB channels if necessary, and dedicated one channel for wifi, one for audio, etc.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

I've got 4 on the mb itself, which are occupied with the keyboard, mouse, wifi adapter and one of the external hard drives (which is always off unless backing up, and the other is eSATA) I've got 2 front panel USB ports, one of which I use for the headphones and I never have anything else in the other. I think I might try swapping it with the external hdd in the rear panel, see if that changes anything

I've got a PCI USB card which has 4 external and 1 internal ports, but the only PCI slot that's unused right now is covered by the cooler on my 2nd 3870x2, so I can't use it anyways

alright I plugged it into one of the rear USB ports and it worked 100% all night, for some reason it all of a sudden didnt like the front ports

and the other night I played for an hour or so and it got all static-y on me again. tried to quit the game but the sound kept skipping and it froze. computer was ok, game just froze. haven't had an issue since though