Thread: EL Cable Wire Bundling.

Fresh Paint

Default EL Cable Wire Bundling.

Well I had some money hanging around on Paypal, not doing much, so I thought I'd invest in some EL cable to fuel my newly found case modding addiction. If you don't know what EL Cable is, it stands for Electroluminescent cable, which is, in short, a wire coated in phosphor which has electricity running through it, which makes it glow brightly.

Anyway this stuff is pretty cool, you can bend it any way, shape or form, and it glows really quite brightly. So when I got it, I debated what I should do with it. After trying various combinations, I came up with the idea of using it to wire bundle. I really like how it looks, also the fact that this one flashes, making giving it a good look.

I'm planning on buying some more and doing it to all my wires. Tell me what you think.

(And yes, I know I have no video card, the M2N-VM DH has a 6100 onboard and I'm certainly not a gamer. )

You seem to be stood on my tail... Helix666's Avatar

Default Re: EL Cable Wire Bundling.

That's pretty cool.
    I think the only thing that spoils it is the fact that the coils aren't equally spaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by gntlkilr
    warranties are meant to be voided.
    Turns out, they'll let any idiot with a wrench work on hydraulics.

Default Re: EL Cable Wire Bundling.

actually I have some of that same wire comming today. Can't wait to try it out. I only bought one 5ft. section, but I"m going to need alot more.