Thread: HDMI Fill Screen?

Last Thoughts

Default HDMI Fill Screen?

Hey guys,

So I just got a new processor in the mail today, and it works great, got my new ATI 5750 installed and 4gb of RAM. I booted it up and the only problem im having right now is my screen. I have a 32" Samsung LCD running through HDMI and theres about an inch of black border around the screen. So my question is: Is there any way to set the screen to fill when its on a TV via HDMI? Or is it my computer? I have it set at 1080p on 60 hertz refresh rate, drivers are updated, and whatnot, but I can't find a "strech to fill screen" button any where which is what I'm going for. Any suggestions? Google isn't helping me.

Edit: Found the solution within ATI Catalyst software, Sorry about that!
    Last edited by DuroMentis; 03-05-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Solution Found

Default Re: HDMI Fill Screen?

Meh, don't be sorry. If google wasn't helping you, it will now help everyone else with the same problem by linking them here. Maybe post specifically what you did though...*cough*...to redeem yourself in the eyes of the mighty TBCS community.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

I haven't used hdmi, but it should show up as a 2nd monitor in device properties. Make sure you are changing the resolution of the correct one.

Also some hdtvs have a "stretch" mode accessible in their menus. You might try that.

I believe it's called "overscan" mode.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

bah its all junk. Just send me the TV, vid card, processor, computer, etc and never worry about it again

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    I believe it's called "overscan" mode.
    Yes, the single more ridiculous thing they support over HDMI/on HDTVs. It's a digital interconnect, and a digital display, there is no need for overscan (and the TV manufactures need to replace the "stretch" with "dot by dot" as their default setting) . Yet ATI decides to default to some non-zero value on my 4830 when I connect it to my TV I get black bars on all sides of the image (eventually it learns what to do, until you update the driver).
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Dunno if you got it corrected yet but my bro had the same issue, here is the trick, just made this for you .

So you right click on your desktop, go to catalyst control centre, click Graphics, select desktop & displays, click the down arrow in the bottom left monitor image, click configure, scaling options tab & slide it til it fills your screen, click apply .