Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Horrible Temps in Apevia X-discovery. Help.

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Horrible Temps in Apevia X-discovery. Help.

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    i totally understand, im in the same process, ill be going from
    2.8 AMD dual core
    nvidia 9800 gt
    4gb ddr2
    320 gb hee

to

3.2 phenom 2x4
    ati 5770
    8gb ddr3 ram
    2x250gb in raid 0
    1x 750 gb data drive
    I plan on going to something like a 2.6-3.2 quad-core (amd), definitely staying with nvidia though. I had bad experiences with ATI cards. I also plan on throwing another 1tb drive in (or 2 500mb more than likely).

As for ram, I heard that 32 bit windows has a ram limit of 4gb? I ask about it because when I tried to run 64-bit on my current system it just wasn't stable (was getting 0x7f errors, tested ram and it's all good), when I switched to 32-bit, it was back to normal.

yeah, 32bit is limited to 4 gb... keep in mind that your video card memory limits this, eg, if you have 2 1gb gpu's and 4 gb of ram then it will show only 2 gb of system ram.
    Not dead yet

Fresh Paint

Yeah I had heard about that. Hopefully when I upgrade the guts to something am3 socket based, it'll not be so funky with 64-bit OS.

yeah... it might be a Mobo issue... i would google your board and the error message. but if you arent planning on getting the whole new rig.... there is a whooole nother option open to you...
    Not dead yet

Fresh Paint

That evil face scares me....what kind of options are you thinking of?

lol.... well... pick out your new rigs parts... buy the stuff that fits in your current system, eg bigger hdds, bigger PSU ect, then when you have all the little stuff get the big stuff.. For ex, im going ot have the new case for my new rig built and modded. lol... im ocd with that stuff... i would rather buy a little at a time than get the whole thing at once... well... my budget thinks that way...
    Not dead yet

Fresh Paint

Upgrading for the most part could be that way, but the mobo is an am2 slot, so anything am3 COULD fit, but wouldn't do near as good.

Plus, it was a second-hand system. I wouldn't mind getting the parts I want and truly making it my own.

Once I become more confident with my electronics work I plan on switching all the leds out in the fans and such with purple ones (cause you can never find good purple led fans in the sizes you want), probably some purple CCFL's, etc...

I like the blue, but it's so overdone, green isn't a color I like, and red just doesn't work for me (too many of my friends' systems are red).

I'll probably throw a 120 mm blowhole on top of the case also if I don't go water cooling.