Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Best Little Screwdriver

Quote Originally Posted by fishies
    How many keyboards have you had for over 10 years?
    I had 5, even had to get AT-PS\2 converters because I didnt want to give up those great keyboards. Handling both the Happy Hacker and the older IBM AT keyboards I would say they are both on par with build quality, sturdiness, and abuse handling. I can almost safely say the Happy Hacker will last 10 years and hopefully there will be an adapter available to make it useful down the line when even USB will be old school technology.

That screwdriver might be fantastic, but it won't last 10 years and not because it will break, but because I will lose or misplace it. I always find it weird to spend alot fo money on small objects, after all the money is gone it just doesnt feel like you bought anything.

Like $1000 for a CPU just feels weird to me.

Water Cooled

actually i have the keyboard and mouse from my very first 486 pc. the keyboard has been used for about 10 years and the mouse is in perfect working condition as well, although they need AT-PS2 and serial port-ps2 adapters

I have one sitting right next to me I have had for 15 years, and don't plan on getting rid if it any time soon. As for a small screw driver I got the RadioShack. Its an electronic screwdriver. Comes as a 20 piece set. Got everything you will need while working on electronics (As far as Screws go anyway...). Its only around $15. I think it is worth it. (Lifetime guarantee too)
    How did you come to trade the fiddle for the drum?

Overclocked

I have a keyboard that has lasted me 7 years and still on a system.

As for screw driver I have had aone for 6 years now and still hasnt broke or any issues and cost me 15 bucks. I also have screwdriver i got like 24years ago that had all the differnet head sizes and other then loosing some screw heads it still works. that one cost me like 5 bucks at the canadian tire lol.

So far though I think this is my favourite one and it has lasted about 4 years or more. Cant remeber what xmas i got it for and they where 14.99.

Combined with this 15 dollar kit i am good to go lol.

Mesh makes the world go around!!!!

Default Re: The Best Little Screwdriver

I have one like that Snap-On but the Mac version; my brother bought it for my birthday off the tool truck. It’s a sweet little driver though the Mac version has tons of bits with it and other junk.

IMO Mac tools are the best now because Snap-On dropped their guarantee to a bunch of BS. Though I like cooper-hand tools aswell (cheaper)

I'll edit in a pic in a bit.

Edit:
    here it is
    -Gutte
    No, I'm not a compleate Idiot!
    Some parts are missing.

I have a nice little makita driver with a bit set, has a cool locking feature and a swing out handle within the handle if you need extra torque. great little set I think It came free with a drill I bought once. I'll have to take a picture of it since I cant seem to find an image online.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Guttenaffe
    I have one like that Snap-On but the Mac version; my brother bought it for my birthday off the tool truck. It’s a sweet little driver though the Mac version has tons of bits with it and other junk.

IMO Mac tools are the best now because Snap-On dropped their guarantee to a bunch of BS. Though I like cooper-hand tools aswell (cheaper)

I'll edit in a pic in a bit.

Edit:
    here it is

Thats a nice set. Especially those very long bits.
    Mesh makes the world go around!!!!

is that bit under teh drivers shaft an antiwobble holder? I need to find a mini one of those.

No it is a quick change for useing bit drivers with a drill, mostly for the long bits and the slightly longer ones to the top left.

I've looked all over trying to find how much this kit cost so I know ~ how much to spend on him, I can't find it anywhere online tho. He got it off the Tool Truck, gonna have to find a Mac catalog I guess.
    -Gutte
    No, I'm not a compleate Idiot!
    Some parts are missing.