Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a dead cell phone?

Rankenphile

Default Re: Anyone have a dead cell phone?

It's for a mod for a mouse, if that tells you anything. I'll PM you my address. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgement
    just how big is this box?

I have around 10 old phones, some are in great condition so if you want one also, let me know.

Rankenphile

One thing you may want to consider is donating your old phones to a battered women's shelter. Not a lot of people know this, but a cell phone without carrier subscription can still get 911, as it is required by law in all 50 states. Many battered women's services give these old cell phones to victims of domestic violence so they always have a way to call 911.

It's also a nice, cheap way to have emergency roadside phone service for loved ones without a normal cell phone. They can charge it, turn it off and keep it in their glove box in case of breakdown, and always havea way to call for help in an emergency.

Just an idea.

wow, really. Thas awesome, I'll put my old cell in the car for emergencies incase I forget my normal one. Thanks Ranken

Anodized

Are you trying to make the rumble mouse mod?
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    One thing you may want to consider is donating your old phones to a battered women's shelter. Not a lot of people know this, but a cell phone without carrier subscription can still get 911, as it is required by law in all 50 states. Many battered women's services give these old cell phones to victims of domestic violence so they always have a way to call 911.

It's also a nice, cheap way to have emergency roadside phone service for loved ones without a normal cell phone. They can charge it, turn it off and keep it in their glove box in case of breakdown, and always havea way to call for help in an emergency.

Just an idea.
    That's a great idea, I don't know how many of them have charge cables, but if any do I'll drop them off at the women's center. For the ones without chargers, up for grabs. I'll get a picture of them soon and post them here so people who want one can choose from the pic and I'll send it out.
    Jon

Rankenphile

Quote Originally Posted by Judgement
    Are you trying to make the rumble mouse mod?
    Pretty much, yeah. After seeing the Cyclops mouse come out so nice, I decided I'd get back into it. I was getting frustrated in that the only rumbe motor I had came out of a dead Xbox controller, and it was huge - I'd have to cut a hole just so that it would stick out, and then have to bondo it back together - a solution I really didn't like. I've been looking for a dead phone for a long time, and finally decided to just ask here.

Glad I did. lol

Fresh Paint

The RumbleMotors are really cool in phones. You can make them race along the floor! I had a box of broken Alcatel 311's which have a few in them. But I 'm in NZ! Call out if you want one, it would probably go in an envelope ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Custom
    You missed out I just canabilized my old phone I think I got another one though! I ripped out the LCD screen but I forgot what I was going to use for it! lol

What would you use the lcd screen for?

Anodized

you could use it for lots of things a Custom BIO picture a nifty little animation on the side of ur computer to play and awe all ur friends and prolly about 100 other things i dont know how to do XD around here u should never ask what someones gona do more so its what CANT they do with it IMO => i find that alot of these guys come up with stuff i just cant believe
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.