Thread: 2 questions on WC a 5970

Fresh Paint

Exclamation 2 questions on WC a 5970

Hello people, the questions are rather simple, but I prefer to ask you for your expertise on these matters.

I intend to get an HD 5970, and watercool it, now:

Im undecided yet on wether to get the EK-FC5970 or the Danger Den DD-5970, nontheless, wichever I get, I would like (when possible) to crossfire them - so.... Are both blocks compatible with the EK watercool Watercool HEATKILLER GPU-X² ???

And the second one:

Is there somewhere available to buy a SINGLE PCI bracket for the HD 5970 ???
    If I water cool there's no point really on keeping the double PCI profile, and would love to get the extra PCI-E lane that otherwise would get blocked by the bracket.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: 2 questions on WC a 5970

take the EK block. danger den doesnt perform as well, and IMO it looks like sh!t.
    what do you mean if its compatable with the ek watercool watercool heatkiller? the watercool heatkiller is a block itself, and i dont know if there is made one for the 5970. if it is the link you are refering to,

then NO, it wont fit with anything else than heatkiller blocks.
    but you shouldnt have any problems crossfirering that ek block.

regarding the bracket, then just saw the rest of the bracket off
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

well pope, looks like you've got this one.

A side note to the bracket mod: make sure the cards work 100% before modding them as that will void your warranty. Nothing sucks harder than voiding a warranty only to find out you ended up with the 1 in 1,000 dud.

And all you'll need is the EK-FC5970 and possibly a couple fittings...assuming it will be added to an existing loop.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Fresh Paint

So....I won't be able to use the GPU-X2 with the EK-FC5970 ???
    If so, that's a pity, I expected to use that awesome combo.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I just stumbled across this thread, on the single bracket, Sidewinder Computers sells a single bracket for the 4870 that looks like it should work. Obviously it doesn't have the mini-DisplayPort opening, but the circle for the S-video looks to be in exactly the same place and is easily big enough.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”