Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 5750 display problem help m,e.

Default New 5750 display problem help m,e.

I uninstalled my 3650 and installed my 5750. My 5750 looks like absolute crap, I mean the display does..the card looks nice. Same settings as my 3650 but with the 5750 everything looks dull and hazy and wow could only be played at 35 fps...any help?
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Default Re: New 5750 display problem help m,e.

Did you do the proper ATI install method? It's a bit of a pain in the butt but it often cleans these problems up. Worth a shot anyway. You can google it but the shorty of it is you will need to uninstall the drivers in control panel, reboot, delete the ATI folder in the program files, then again in the windows/system32 folder, then delete a couple of registry entries (do google this as you don't want to muck this part up). Then reboot and install the new card. It might fix it.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

wow. Thanks. Do you have a link?
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

ok. Followed the steps yet things are still fuzzy.

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Are you using the full suite version of Catalyst? And I assume you did download the most current version and not using the same drivers/catalyst suite that you did for the old card?

No I grabbed the new one off of the xfx site. My old card was Sapphire.

Still not any better...I guess the next step would be a clean install?

That would be what I would try next, if it's not too big of a hastle then shoot for it. There is always the possibility that the crd itself is defective too, do you have another PC you can try it in?

Are you at the native resolution for your screen? If not, that can cause general fuzzy/haziness.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro