Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You're so stupid you ran into a parked car!

Default You're so stupid you ran into a parked car!

Ever heard that joke? Yea, well, today I lived it. Pictures first, story afterwards, play by play above each pic.

So this is what I walked out of my apartment to. My bike on the ground, the blue car all scratched up. For those with bikes, you'll notice the exhaust isn't supposed to be THAT close to the swingarm.

Bits of his car and my left footpeg

Noticeable tilt on the handlebars, pieces of my tail light and the Spectra's siding on the ground. Again, notice the pipe.

Hey look, there's the oil filter and drain plug I changed last week, and the bottom of the shock I was going to change next week!

My taillight on the ground and the the dent the Cadillac made in the Spectra.

Thankfully, no evident damage to the structure or engine.

Notice the front turn signal.

This is the car that hit my bike and the Spectra. I'm really not sure how his front right tire went flat considering it was the left side that plowed my bike over.

Traded paint with the Spectra.

I couldn't even do that in photoshop...

Managed to disconnect a running light and crack the crap out of the underbody.

This is why you buy a Cadillac. You can decimate a motorcycle and a Kia, and you still come out on top (literally)

The stylized segway between the engine and the can got bent, but the connection is shrouds is still fine.

I'm pretty sure that's gonna change... Gonna have to get a new Dragon's Tail sticker

It snapped, but I'm pretty sure everything is still usable.

This is the worst of all. Draw a straight line from below the reservoir to the tip and you'll see the kind of bend I'm talking about.

She stands... poor thing, notice the scraps left on the asphalt from my tailpipe. Surprisingly I couldn't find a single scratch on the fairings, but the center fairing left the two grommets under the seat (possibly snapped) and the contact area on the pipe is not pretty.

I'm assuming the impact area was around the tailpipe since it snapped my footpeg, loosened the shifter, and kinked the pipe.

I'm pretty sure that is an entire piece of cast metal, and it sheared the D rings in half...

So the story is as so: A lady was driving her Cadillac through the parking lot when for some unknown reason she drifted left into the parking spaces. Girlfriend's Camaro was parked two spaces to the left of my bike, and I was parked parallel to the parking lines next to the blue Kia Spectra S. The Cadillac rubbed against Kelly's bumber, leaving marks but no substantial damage, and apparently plowed straight into my bike. My bike fell over into the position shown in the pics, and the Cadillac continued into the Spectra. This was all at low speed, thankfully, so the Cadillac did not mount my bike and only moved the back end of the Spectra about a foot. The issue was settled peacefully, a police report was filed, and I will be taking the bike to the shop shortly.

There is no apparent structural or engine damage to the bike, and all the damage seems fixable. The bike started, but when I started it in first the bike jumped A LOT more than I have ever seen it jump (clutch held tightly, of course). The could just be a coincidence, but it ran in neutral with and without choke just fine. I bounced on it a little and it seemed to bottom out sooner than it normally does, but I can't say that is any damage for sure....

All I know is, that friggen sucks...
    Last edited by Datech; 12-17-2009 at 05:56 PM.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Default Re: You're so stupid you ran into a parked car!

Damn, man, that sucks indeed. "Settled peacefully" means that her insurance is covering all the damage, I hope? At least it wasn't a hit-and-run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

it's scary how many people out there think their car is smaller than it really is. Hope they can get all the damage repaired soon and get you back on the road! (at no cost to you of course, other than time)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

Thankfully it wasnt a "I walked out to find this, and no one in sight" type story. Hit and runs are horrible to go through, so thankfully this person owned up to it.

On the upside, the bike will look like new!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Datech View Post
    So the story is as so: A lady was driving her Cadillac through the parking lot when for some unknown reason she drifted left into the parking spaces.
    Read: completely distracted by the cell phone attached to her ear! As Fuzzy and Luke said at least it wasn't hit and run. Hopefully you get the bike all brand new looking and find any problems 6 months down the road. I've had that happen and the insurance companies are a real pita about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Datech View Post
    This is the car that hit my bike and the Spectra. I'm really not sure how his front right tire went flat considering it was the left side that plowed my bike over.
    probably that tire drove over a sharp bit that seconds earlier had been attached somewhere on your bike (at least that way you can think of it as your bike getting revenge)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Damn man that sucks. The good thing is GA law makes such a high liability that your bike is more than covered even if they total it. Glad the Camaro was only scratched. I would have shed a tear if it would have been hurt bad.

Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    (at least that way you can think of it as your bike getting revenge)
    Haha, sort of. And if that's the hole in the sidewall just below the rim then that tire is done. Go bike!
    Be glad you aren't from MI with 'no fault insurance'. It doesn't matter how incompetent the other driver was before they hit you here, everyone is at fault and everyone pays for it. It sucks.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

I asked Datech if i could add me little bumper bender story the same day Datech bike and car got hit . I don't even want to call it a wreck .

It was more of an accident i was stopped at a red light minding my own business .
    When the instant it turned green i ddint even have time to push the clutch in wham i got hit it felt like wham too me to I was very disoriented and a lady came up to my truck asking are you ok are you ok .
    I couldn't even talk it was like i was in a tunnel it was weird any way we got off the road she said im so sorry i don't know what happened do you .

does not even begin to explain it lol next thing i know she shoves her phone too my face and says her husband works at a local car lot know he said if its just the bumper i will gladly fix any damage to avoid a accident report .

Im not money hungry or anything i wasn't going to sue are anything i was just trying to clear my head se kept on and on and said well i need to what your going to do i have things to do .
    Well that kinda ticked me off so i said call the police will do an accident report .
    This is where it gets good she pushed the left side of my bumper against the bed . Bent the bracket and all the step bumper parts .
    I was not feeling well at this time at all i heard her tell the police that she had her brakes on and somebody must have hit her and knocked her into me .
    There was no damage what so ever to her SUV on the back so a car hit her hard enough to slide her car and hit my truck hard enough to do that damage.
    The body guy i took it to showed me where the bed hit the back of the cab . he said it takes a pretty good jolt to do that .
    She said that there were no injuries on the phone and next thing i know there checking my vitals and the guy said i neeeded to go to the hospital and get checked out for one my blood pressure was 215 over 125 .
    I remember when they were putting me in the ambulance that she was still talking to the police and he said don't worry your good your good.

I was not going to lie he came to the hospital and said that he believed what she told him is what happened .
    he was going to write it up like that .
    Luckily i have full coverage and they said since it was a no fault of mine that it wouldn't affect my insurance and after the estimates i will clear $1000.

Which we need her desperately it really is a blessing in disguise but i just unnerves me to no end that the policeman fell for that or didn't care .

Was it because she was in a 2005 Nissan armada and i was in a 98 S10
    Because she was hot and i am not .
    Because she is somebody in that community and i am white trash lol .
    All i know is i told the truth .
    I think thats sucks for you datech she hit your bike and knocked it into your car after bouncing of your girlfriends car .

dude... seriously. wtf? why is everyone getting in accidents! glad both of you are safe, and well. (minus the damage of the wrecks.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER