Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard Wood Mice...

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Hard Wood Mice...

Kinda cool. I didn't want to post this in the links section because these are nice.

http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Wooden-mouse/351244

Default Re: Hard Wood Mice...

wow those are nice! I bet my ex brother in law could make those. kid is a freakin whiz with wood.

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

My father in law would go ape sh... crazy for one of those

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Oooh, I want one!

Edit: Okay, wait a minute. How much is 668 €? Isn't that like a thousand dollars in USD?? Dear lord these mice are pricey! Laughably pricey.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

look at the amount of work put into em heh i would say from an artistic standpoint it is worth it..
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Nah, not even from an "artistic" standpoint. That's just an easy way to ask for a ridiculous price tag, anyone can do that, which is what this guy is basically doing. From an "artistic" standpoint, its worth maybe around $400 at most. You could say they're one of a kind, but nothing really makes them truly one of a kind. Not in any kind of artistic special kind of way anyway. Now, if they were hand carved... nah, still only worth $400 at most. Add in some gold or something and then maybe we'll talk about extreme price tags.

Don't make it out to be something that its not. Its not art, its a machined wooden mouse with a simple design and a bit of hand polish. Its very nice, I'm not arguing that, but its not worth a thousand dollars by any stretch of the imagination except for the delusional kind. But, he'll still sell a couple because there are people out there with plenty of money to toss around and that's all he really needs is to just sell a few. Hell, sell 20 of them, which is fairly possible being available worldwide, and bam, you just made twenty grand! That's what this guy is thinking, no way does he think that they're actually worth that much. I might even go so far to say that he's a bit of a scam artist in that sense.

For a thousand dollars, I want the most beautiful wooden mouse I've ever seen. I also want it to be both wired and wireless like a Razer gaming mouse and I also want it to perform just as well as one. It also better have some serious hard work put into it. Something that just makes it special and worth a thousand dollars, even if it isn't actually worth a thousand dollars.

In conclusion; It's not really art if anyone can do it. Art is unique, it's special, its one of a kind. This is just a simple wooden mouse that is machined. If at the end of the day, you can honestly say that this mouse is worth a thousand dollars, then that's what its worth. Personally, I couldn't possibly even begin to think that this mouse is worth that much.

/and thats my "I'm tired of the "its art" justification" rant for the day.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

honestly i love it but im saying IMHO $150 $200 tops like Zephik said its is awesome but it was an idea machined.
    I have seen a lot more custom hands on work thats goes for a lot less than a grand .
    Im not flaming or anything i thought maybe your conversion was off but i guess not .
    if i could ever pull off something like that by hand and im in no way saying i could i would sell em all day long for half that if somebody wants one

i love the clean looks of it. great work on the making of them, but 1K lol? no.
    ill just forget the price tag, and enjoy the looks
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik
    /and thats my "I'm tired of the "its art" justification" rant for the day.
    I can't wait to read tomorrow's... I get into arguments all the time with a couple of friends over what is and isn't art...they are much more liberal than I am in that department. e.g. toilets, dirty clothes, unmade beds, etc...I say these are not art...it can't be art when the "artist" didn't do a damn thing. In this case, drawing in AutoCAD and turning the power on to a CNC mill doesn't constitute art. Hand-carved would be different.

I also wouldn't shell out a 1000 bucks for one of these. I might if I was making 200,000 a year...but I'm not, and money seems more valuable to me.
    They are very nice mice but I'll bet that lacquer shine won't last long with sweaty palms.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Guys, I think the artist has the right to charge whatever price he feels his work is worth. Let's not bash him for that.. we all agree "Yeah, awesome.. but too expensive for me!" If that's the case, then this IS a modding site.. build one yourself!

Follow this model:
    1. Build wooden mouse.
    2. Market to others.
    3. ????
    4. Profit!!!

I say, kudos to him for making them. They are amazing, and I'd love to have one.

Do I have that kind of money kicking around? Nope.. but some people do. And some people put more value on design and appearance than anything else. When you find the point in the market where those two groups coincide, you are golden.

Quote from the site:

"The idea behind the product is to get the maximum out of natural materials and extend lifetime warranty. AlestRukov computer mice have warranty coverage of over 5 years and can be upgraded to extend the service. "

http://www.alestrukov.com/models.html

The more I read about these, the more I agree with the price.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro