Thread: Socket AM3 MBB

"Lemme Sho' Ya' Sumtin!!!" - FMB

Default Socket AM3 MBB

Okay so now that i know that i have to update bios and the only way i could do that is by replacing the whole chip because MSI doesn't even offer a bios update file for my board to even trying flashing.

So. I have gotten some good suggestions on AM3 boards and i would like some other suggestions....have any?

EDIT: How good is this board?
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...=WARRANTY#tabs
    Project: Archangel Complete
    Project: Patron W.I.P
    Phenom II X3 710 2.6ghz, MSI 785GTM-E45, 2x2gb Kingston 800mhz, Hitachi 320gb HDD, OCZ StealthXStream 400w

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Re: Socket AM3 MBB

Really need more information to recommend a motherboard. How many video cards are you planning to run? What size case is it going in? Do you need onboard video and/or sound? Do you have a chipset preference? Will you be using DDR2 or DDR3 memory? How many SATA and/or IDE connections do you need?
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Sorry for the lack of information. Haha. Ummm, 2 for Crossfire or SLI (just in case). I am planning on sticking it in the Cooler Master HAF 922. Onboard video/sound doesn't matter. No chipset preference. Same with RAM. 2+ SATA.
    Phenom II X3 710 2.6ghz, MSI 785GTM-E45, 2x2gb Kingston 800mhz, Hitachi 320gb HDD, OCZ StealthXStream 400w

I just broke my Asus board, the M4A79 Deluxe. It's an AM3 board and I loved it. Kind of pricey, but it has an excellent chipset, plenty of headers, BIOS with lots of options, and it will run quad Crossfire. It's one of the only boards I've found with triple-Crossfire capability at 16x on all three slots also. I don't think it runs SLI, but who needs Nvidia anyway?

I've also had good luck with MSI boards, just got a new one in today to replace the broken Asus. It's the 785GTM-E45, it's a microATX rather than the full ATX Asus. Only has one PCIe slot and two RAM slots, but it's also less than half the price of the Asus. Thus far it's just fine, but I just got it running so haven't been able to play with it yet.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

I have that same MBB! 785GTM-E45!

Excellent, how do you like it? As I said I haven't had a chance to really play with this one much.

It's pretty good so far. I've noticed that it really flexes....like alot. Even when the foam and a bed is underneath it. ( Plugging in RAM and PSU connections.)

Not good. Not good at all, that's how I killed my Asus board. I'll bear that in mind, thanks!

Yea, although with the system you got you should be good on everything. I want the 790FX-GD70, or something similar.