Thread: Shell Replacements

Default Shell Replacements

i know we have a section for shells and such... but i cant find it...
    heres my latest work... used someone elses theme as the basic template and have been modifying it all night

everything on the desktop is single click.. along with windows explorer being set that way as well... doesnt even remotely feel like windows anymore...
    (thats a damn good thing)

(i modified the lambda symbol with an "S" instead of a "2" and stuck it in the corner because this system is only used for source based games)
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Shell Replacements

Damn, that's quite beautiful. How did you accomplish it? I'm not really familiar with such customization techniques and what-not. What platform is it on? XP? How does it run? Through a skinning program or something?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

running XP SP3...my own custom (LiTHXP) edition (whackloads of stuff slipstreamed) and using litestep... which is a full shell replacement.. and it runs smoother than explorer..
    and seems to take the same if not less resources...
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

looks clean. goign to have to check it out and see if it will work for win 7

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Very nice. I've seen a lot of cool things done with shell replacements over on lifehacker but never got around to trying it myself..