Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do you guys think of this monitor

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Default what do you guys think of this monitor

Hey guys im looking for a pc monitor \ TV because i want something 1080p pretty big screen for HDTV/blue ray nascar xbox 360 and ps3 if i luck up and get a ps3 for christmas that is or if you know of a better or bigger at about same price let me know i want the best picture i can get thanks in advance

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Tpk=24-009-179

Default Re: what do you guys think of this monitor

wow that is a good price... i paid 250 for 22" like 2 years ago lol

Specs look pretty good, and that is a great price.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

That's a pretty good price. Most 22" monitors these days are $199 minimum and that one's a whole inch more! lol. But yea, that's a pretty nice monitor. I'd definitely snatch it up while you can. or two. maybe three. Dang it I wish I had some money right now. That's like the perfect gift for anyone, including me! I'm using a lame-o 15" right now. T_T

I highly doubt you'll find anything bigger and better at that price or even around there. You'll find better, but it'll be smaller and probably cost more or you'll find bigger, and it may be just as nice or better, but it'll cost at least twice that amount.

So in other words, snatch that baby up! Its fairly large, good specs and a great price. What's not to love?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Good price and nice specs, but I avoid Acer..well, Acer anything, really, but especially their monitors. One major reason is what one of the NewEgg reviewers mentioned (though he blamed it on the wrong people ..anyways..); Acer provides no guarantee on dead or bright pixels. Compare this to Samsung, and also Sony, I believe, who will replace the panel free of charge if even one pixel is bad or bright, or even Hans-G who has either a 3 or 6 pixel guarantee (forget which one exactly). I've also known too many Acer monitors to die after just a few years of use. On the other hand, it's cheap with lots of good reviews, so it might be worth it. Personally though, I'd steer clear.

my acer has been running strong with no problems

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

yeah i really like it just dont think i can swing the monry after i went ild at lowes lol thanks all for the reply's maybe it will be on sale at Christmas .

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

that and its sold out lol

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    I've also known too many Acer monitors to die after just a few years of use.
    At work we have over 1250 Acer monitors ranging from 17"-19" all wide screen. Most are over a year and half old and our failure rate is maybe around 1%. They are pretty much left on 24/7 as well. I have yet to see any of them with a dead or bright pixel, but then again I don't necessarily look at all of them on a daily basis.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    At work we have over 1250 Acer monitors ranging from 17"-19" all wide screen. Most are over a year and half old and our failure rate is maybe around 1%. They are pretty much left on 24/7 as well. I have yet to see any of them with a dead or bright pixel, but then again I don't necessarily look at all of them on a daily basis.
    IDK, maybe some years were better than others (Seagate 7200.11 anyone? ). OOC, what model line are those from? I know some manufacturers *COUGH*Hanns-G*COUGH* have widely ranging quality depending on the model. I would also be interested in seeing what the failure rate is like on those 1250 monitors once they hit ~3-4 years old. That was the point where the ones I've seen started dropping like flies.