Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: --- r e f l e X i o n ---

Default Re: --- r e f l e X i o n ---

wow this thing is looking effin siiiick!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

Fantasic work man! Your attention to detail is awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product!
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

/\ completely agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

ATX Mental Case

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated.

Much more to come.

ATX Mental Case

Default The DangerDen Collection

Waterblocks came in from DangerDen yesterday. Had a chance to snap a few photos tonight. I'm even more impressed with the blocks in person. They have a nice futuristic look which I think will go great with this build. Thanks to DangerDen again for their wonderful support on this project.

/cry...you have all the hardware I currently want.

This project is amazing. Not only does it look cool as ********, but it has the hardware to back it up. I'm going to go set up a charity organization just in case you have any plans of donating this to charity...
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Heheh, nice. I love the look of DD blocks; almost my entire loop is their stuff, actually.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    /cry...you have all the hardware I currently want.

This project is amazing. Not only does it look cool as ********, but it has the hardware to back it up. I'm going to go set up a charity organization just in case you have any plans of donating this to charity...
    mDust, after this build is finished, you may see ME accepting charity donations as it's costing me a pretty penny--even with the sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Heheh, nice. I love the look of DD blocks; almost my entire loop is their stuff, actually.
    Thanks, x88x.

Appreciate the responses, guys. Another update to follow shortly as I've obtained a new sponsor for the project.

ATX Mental Case

At this time, I'd like to provide a brief summary of r e f l e X i o n , show a glimpse of what the next steps are, and then I will introduce my third sponsor for the project.

First of all, thank you to everyone who has participated in r e f l e X i o n to this point by posting many encouraging and flattering comments here about the work that has been done thus far. I read each and every comment that's posted at each of my logs and try to respond on a person-by-person basis, because your comments are both encouraging and entertaining, and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to post and +rep to let me know they're enjoying the build or to offer suggestions. These comments greatly help and sometimes are the difference in motivating me to go forward--especially during times when you've hit a brick wall with your fabrication or design. So thanks to each and every one of you here at TBCS. :thumb:

Design and Build

To this point, everyone has seen the first two stages of the project: Design and Build. I designed the Galaxy side panel with 3dsMax, an autocad program. A freehand drawing of the galaxy image was first done by my friend, Mark (a part-time artist), which I then imported into 3dsMax and made several modifications to. The design time once in 3dsMax was around 80 hours, and the drawing is composed of over 300 individual vertices that were used to create the circular, orbiting rings from a 3-D perspective. Here's a shot of the image editing in action:

After that, I had the finished 3dsMax drawing file cut into a clean side panel at a waterjet shop about two hours from my home. You've probably seen it a hundred times by now as I'm quite proud of it.

Next, I began designing the "Zero Gravity Chamber," also in 3dsMax.

Concept:

Reality:

This part I have fabricated myself except for the windows which were carved with the same waterjet that did my side panel. It is now close to completion.. just a little more polishing and fab work need to be done, and then it will go off to be powdercoated with the rest of the case frame.

So now, it's time to move into the next key stage of the project, which is:

Project Stage III: Lighting

And with that, I would like to introduce my next key sponsor for r e f l e X i o n, Lamptron.

Lamptron contacted me a few weeks ago about partnering on r e f l e X i o n. I let them know that it was perfect timing on their part as I was just about to start creating the lighting scheme behind it.

Lighting is a priority in this build, as I will be using it to give r e f l e X i o n its identity. There are three distinct lighting techniques which will be used. Lamptron will be assisting me with two of those, while I will be both designing and fabricating the other myself. In the coming weeks, I'll be revealing the specific items that Lamptron will be sponsoring me for and the lighting techniques we have decided on.

A special thanks to Lamptron for joining the team. I look forward to working with them in the coming weeks.

:thumb:

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Congrats on the new sponsor! They make some awesome stuff; I'm looking forward to seeing how you incorporate it into r e f l e X i o n.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV