Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: --- r e f l e X i o n ---

Default Re: --- r e f l e X i o n ---

Yes, this project is epic. The quality of the design, workmanship, and work-log all come together to make it so.

What model press is that?
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Couch3ater View Post
    Absolutely loving this build. And for the record: totally jealous of that drill press. Seeing as how I'm just a youngling, I can't afford such an expensive toy... OH DAAAAD... Hehehe

But seriously, I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished product. Can't wait. ^_^
    Thanks, Couch.. I'm glad you're enjoying the build.

Can't convey how much I love the drill press.. it's already shaved so much time off the project. And it gives you peace of mind knowing that every drillpoint will be perfect as long as you're cautious in your measurements beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    Yes, this project is epic. The quality of the design, workmanship, and work-log all come together to make it so.

What model press is that?
    Thanks, mDust.

Not sure on the model, but I'll check it for you. I picked it up at Home Depot; it was the only press that they carried in the store.

Update - Zero G Chamber

Greetings, fellow enthusiasts. I've made some more progress on the Zero Gravity Chamber. All the shelf brackets have been installed and all mounting holes have been drilled for the shelves.

Here's where it stands. With both shelves installed:

And now, with both pumps sitting on the shelves:

The next step planned is to drill the mounting holes into the shelves for both pumps and brackets and then to complete the SSD mounts.

i am loving the progress!!! they turned out better than i expected
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

fantastic work so mate

subbed !
    Craigr1982
    ----------
    Redemption HTPC Scratchbuild- Zotac 9300 ITX, Intel Q9450, 4Gb G.Skill 6400, LG Bluray Drive, OCZ ModXstream 400W, 2x 1Tb Samsung, Windows 7 Home. 32" Toshiba LCD TV.

ATX Mental Case

Much appreciated, guys. Thanks.

LOVE the pump location. Seriously, I'm considering stealing some of your ideas and see if I can't recreate them. Hahaha, well... Perhaps tweak. Not steal. ^_^
    "Don't imitate the world; Create your own."

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Couch3ater View Post
    LOVE the pump location. Seriously, I'm considering stealing some of your ideas and see if I can't recreate them. Hahaha, well... Perhaps tweak. Not steal. ^_^
    Ok, but at least give me time to finish her first.

Right now, I'm experimenting with ways of bonding plexi. My weld-on came in this week, along with a syringe and hypodermic needle for application.

This stuff is supposed to react fast, so it shouldn't be long before I can see how clean and strong a bond it will make. If it works well, I should be able to build the entire SSD mount, brackets included, out of plexi to enhance the weightless theme.

"Lemme Sho' Ya' Sumtin!!!" - FMB

One Word ---> EPIC!!!!
    Project: Archangel Complete
    Project: Patron W.I.P
    Phenom II X3 710 2.6ghz, MSI 785GTM-E45, 2x2gb Kingston 800mhz, Hitachi 320gb HDD, OCZ StealthXStream 400w

ATX Mental Case

Greetings, TBCS. An update to the project that has changed its course a little.

Dangerden will now be sponsoring me with their waterblocks for the CPU, chipset and GPUs.

EK and I will continue on in our best interests with no ill feelings. The change in sponsorship has nothing to do with EK, their products or their customer service as they are all excellent, and I appreciate their willingness to help support the project. This was a business decision based largely on finances. Dangerden was able to provide me with a significantly better sponsorship deal, and so I have decided to partner with them on r e f l e X i o n.

Dangerden will be supplying me with the following--

The MC-TDX block for my i7 CPU:

2x DD5970 GPU full cover blocks:

The MP-X58 chipset block:

1/2 x 5/8" compression fittings:

I've used Dangerden products for several years. My first Dangerden product I had when I built my first watercooled system a few years ago that ran two 8800GTX's in SLI. BFGTech used Dangerden as their waterblock outfitter for their "watercooled edition" block, and it performed excellently. I'm expecting the same of their latest products and cannot wait to get them in my system and under some H20.

A special thanks to Dangerden for their support on this project!

Grats on the new sponsor!

On another note: If you're using the weld-on to bond two faces of plexi together, sometimes you'll be left with an almost bubbly "in-between", if you will, as is the case with many a bonding solvent. I'm sure with the right amount you can get what you're looking for; just speaking from what I've noticed and past experiences.
    "Don't imitate the world; Create your own."