Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: --- r e f l e X i o n ---

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: --- r e f l e X i o n ---

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Congrats on the new sponsor! They make some awesome stuff; I'm looking forward to seeing how you incorporate it into r e f l e X i o n.
    Thanks, bud.

ATX Mental Case

Default 5970 Lovin'

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

:o
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Congrats on the sponsor mate , I always try to buy lamptron illuminated switches, could do with buying a range of them even while I'm not modding as they can be hard to get sometimes in uk, I'm too shy and would feel cheeky asking manufacturers to sponsor me, I remember the thread of how to get sponsors but I also only want to put the parts I want in my cases, would be saaaweet to get some good sponsors though lol .

And hooooly shmoke, the big guns , 2x 5970, seriously bad a$$ graphics power going into this, I would expect you will be able to play ANY game on tripple vision at max res & settings with this setup, Wow, drool .

ATX Mental Case

Thanks, Waynio.

Just a short update for now.

I picked up some edge trim tonight at my local Auto Zone. This will help dress the rough edges on the perspex.

I wasted an hour at Lowe's Hardware store looking for some kind of edge trim or U-channel molding that would fit 1/8" perspex but, once again, the hardware stores in my area are a big...

... when it comes to anything but the most mainstream home improvement items.

So, I'm using automotive trim that I was able to find at a local Auto Zone near my house.

It's a nice, snug fit on the perspex, and it has a thin line of adhesive down the groove so that the edges will stick.

Beginning to dress the edges of the middle piece:

I'm leaving a little overhang so as to have a smooth join in the corners. After the corners are fitted, I'll cut the excess trim for a smooth join.

This build is INCREDIBLE. The ideas you have are awesome. Serious props for actually working on your ideas.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by chaksq View Post
    This build is INCREDIBLE. The ideas you have are awesome. Serious props for actually working on your ideas.
    Thanks, chaksq!

ATX Mental Case

A short update for tonight, guys. My blocks are back from nickel plating, and I'm happy to say that things went really well. I've spent tonight polishing them to get them in top shape so that I can take some photos tomorrow in my studio.

Here are a few preview shots of the copper now plated electroless nickel:

The matte finish on the front of the GPU blocks has a cool effect when plated. Has kind of a metallic silver look now. The back of the blocks are very shiny and smooth.

I'll have some better shots tomorrow of the blocks and some polishing action. In addition, I'm working on a mid-build project video which is about half-way complete right now. Should have it finished within a week if all goes well.

Thanks again to DangerDen not just for their partnership in r e f l e X i o n but for allowing me to tweak their product to fit the theme of this build a little better.

Thanks, everyone!

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

ohh shiny
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

ATX Mental Case

Well as promised, here are some more shots of the DangerDen "Nickel" versions of the CPU and 5970 blocks. Hope you enjoy!