Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well this morning was mostly a waste.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Well this morning was mostly a waste.

I woke up at 2:30am and headed to walmart around 3:30 and stood in line inside the store to get a TV they had advertised. I was the 11th person in the line and they ran out 3 people before me. So I then went to get one of the GPS they had advertised and found out there was a line about half a mile long for it. So I grabbed a few of the 4gb thumb drives they had, some clothes for my nephew and a new shop vac. Left there and headed to BestBuy for their big thing and arrived 15 min after they opened the doors and they had sold all the door buster stuff so I left and went to harbor freight. They had a few things on sale but nothing like last year and the one thing I wanted, an air brush compressor, they were out of. I picked up some heat shrink, zip ties and a stainless steel hamburger patty press. Left there and went to a clothing store in the mall and their sale turned out to be normal priced clothes just advertised as a sale. So at that point I left and headed home.

Sucked that I didn't get what I wanted but on the good side, my visa bill will be smaller.

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

Default Re: Well this morning was mostly a waste.

I got off work at 5am, stopped by the house and scooped up the wifey then headed to frys electronics to see what they had goin on, specifically on hard drives. We got there and it was in fact a zoo, and when we went in one of the twelve greeters working actually said to us, "don't run." Wtf? couldn't find anything that I wanted that was on any fabulous sale, so just out of curiousity we wondered the store to see what sales they had. To be honest, I wasn't impressed. When one of the workers asked me if I needed any help finding anything, I came sooo close to saying, "Yeah, I can't seem to find any of the sales worth running for...."
    So then we headed to bestbuy. (which, btw, all the same hard drives were 30-40 bucks more. I said mebbe they should have a huge sale and knock them down to the same prices as Frys.) To be fair, I did see a couple good prices on tvs, and blurays for 15 bucks, but I swear I did not see anything worth waiting in a line that wrapped around the store. Again while I was there I almost asked an employee where all the "fantastic" sales were. Meh, I was definitely not impressed but I was very very uplifted by how many people I saw buying lots of stuff. My job depends on the economy, so if spending is up, I still have a job.
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

This year in general sucked. I couldn't find anything worth camping for.

-CollinstheClown

If you are looking for a hard drive, newegg still has 2tb drives for $140. That's a fantastic deal. I almost got one, but . . .

My wife and I went to Kohls. They opened at 4, we got there at 3:50 (no way I'm camping). We were going to get a Kitchenaid artisan mixer. It was advertised at $299, with $30 mail in rebate and 15% off (which is $45). At the end of it all the total would be $225. This is a pretty good deal as long as they had a pink one.

Well, we got to the Kitchenaids and some girl had her hands on the only pink one. Good thing was she didn't want it. I got it from her and my wife and I went to the front to check out. The girl scanned it and it came up as $169. We got a calendar for my wife's grandma as well so the total after tax was $190. We got $30 Kohl's cash as well and we'll make sure that Kitchenaid donates $50 to the komen foundation.

We got some other decent deals, but that was the best one. $350 mixer (that you can find for $300 any day of the year) for $140. Nice!!!!!!

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I don't get it. It amazes me that people do this every year. I suppose it's a matter of priorities, but my time (not to mention my sanity) are worth one hell of a lot more than my money. I'll make more money. The time is gone for good.

I'd much rather pay full price for whatever it is I want. In fact, I'll pay shipping and wait for it to show up at my house.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

I looked through ads and didn't find anything worth going for. I stayed at home this year
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

Dude, get a regular compressor for the airbrush. I have a Harbor Freight 3 gallon. Not only does it drive my brush, but also a few extra air tools. It's great being able to blow up tires right here at home and not have to go to the gas station and pay.

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Man it sucks how they only have a few of the good deals
    My Wife said go to lowes Have fun lol it was calm there it always is though
    I got a 4 nail gun said i have been watching for a year now normally 229 i got it for $169
    I Bought a vent fan/microwave for $99
    a four pack of the irwin clamps for $19.99
    A 2 two pack of the heavier duty 12 inch irwin clamps for $40 for both
    a 3 pack porter cable 10 inch blades for my miter saw 24 tooth 40 tooth and 200 tooth
    a shower head for $10
    and a Moen bathroom faucet for $44
    i have been watching this stuff for a while it was really on sale

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I didn't go shopping on Black Friday this year even though I could use a few things due to my lack of money, lol. I doubt anybody would be selling the $800 Wacom tablet I'll eventually need for school anyways.

Who's ready to hear the same music played over and over again relentlessly for the next month or so? Not me!

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

lol my wife has already fired the christmas tunes on the xm on satellite,in the car its everywhere its everywhere .
    It does suck how the big stores only get a few of the items they advertise