Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling my Whole system

Rankenphile

Default Re: Selling my Whole system

I keep all of my receipts when I buy things like computer components, other electronics, or pretty much anything that has a warranty or cost me more than $100. I have a file cabinet for all of that stuff.

I was just trying to protect this guy, I have a friend whose computer was stolen a few months back and found it on Craig's List. As such, any time I buy used electronics, I try to get some form of proof of ownership from the seller before I purchase.

There is a lot of negative criticism in this thread, and in my opinion it's pretty ugly. If you think that the seller is overcharging, there are better ways to say it than to blast the guy and laugh at him. Suggest better ways of selling it, like JDBNSN did. Calling someone retarded or laughing at him for a difference of opinion does not speak highly of yourself and only detracts from our community here.

Remember, we are here to help, share projects, learn, encourage and inspire each other. Not to get in petty internet flame wars.

High-tech Redneck crazybillybob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    Remember, we are here to help, share projects, learn, encourage and inspire each other. Not to get in petty internet flame wars.
    Well Said my Friend, Well Said!

I also have all the Receipts for my PC.....It's custom built, and I did that 4years ago.... All that I've upgrade I have receipts for. It makes it easier to budget the next rig this way....You can do a cost per year / Day analysis with easy (Excel is very handy!) (In short a fancy way to explain to my wife why I need the TOP of the Line PArts ) <-- Just for Rank....

Crazybillybob

Rankenphile

lol, CBB. That's a little more anal than I get on my receipts, but mostly because I'm too lazy to get that detailed. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by qoou
    do you have all your reciepts?
    Yep, all the way down to an 8$ mouse I purchased at a computer show we have locally with vendors from the surrounding states. Its pretty easy to put receipts into a file folder and hang on to them, and they dont take up alot of space. Infact I have alot of the original packaging for my equipment as well.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe
    Yep, all the way down to an 8$ mouse I purchased at a computer show we have locally with vendors from the surrounding states. Its pretty easy to put receipts into a file folder and hang on to them, and they dont take up alot of space. Infact I have alot of the original packaging for my equipment as well.
    touche!
    Comp Specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 939 3200+
    ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
    2x 1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
    100GB HDD 7200 RPM SATA
    2x in SLI, 7600 GT 256 MB
    500W PSU

The SlackMeister

Quote Originally Posted by qoou
    do you have all your reciepts?
    I have every single invoice for all of my computer parts AND the ones i build for other people.

Anodized

the real question is do the reciepts matter... no they realy dont cuz even if i pay 300 dollors for a HD 3 years later u can prolly get it for less then half that so the best thing to do would be count up what the pice of all of its worth brand new one work in a % to take off that total price and then make that as your offer atleast thats how i would do it but i tend to stay away from used and refurbished equipment since i got screwed on a CPU a year or so back
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgement
    the real question is do the reciepts matter... no they realy dont
    yes they really do it proves that he bought the parts and didnt steal them or somthing.

yes, it gives credibility to the deller and the quality/origen of the items.
    "to lose a parent is a tredgedy, to lose two is just carelessness"
    -Oscar Wild

Quote Originally Posted by Judgement
    the real question is do the reciepts matter... no they realy dont cuz even if i pay 300 dollors for a HD 3 years later u can prolly get it for less then half

Its not the fact that i can get for less then half its the fact that... i would like to know how you got it. The law says (and this is vary loose translation) If i get a stolen part from you (even that 8 dollar mouse), and its stolen. i am still as guilty as stealing it myself. so yes the reciepts are really important
    All your base are belong to us.