Thread: Apple's multi-touch mouse

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Apple's multi-touch mouse

Ok, it's probably no secret. I despise Apple and all they represent. If you want I can take the sugar coating off of that and let you know how I really feel.

Having said that, I have to say they have some of the coolest gadgets out there. The whole multi-touch aspect of the iPhone (that hurt just to type) and its ilk is simply awesome. Now they've put it in a mouse.

Win7 is supposed to support multi-touch input natively, so hopefully some pissed-off ex-Apple genius will start putting things like this together for the rest of us. (Read: the majority of computer users around the world.)
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Apple's multi-touch mouse

My Wacom Pen and Touch does multi touch its fun for about 3 minutes then the new wears off and its no longer interesting. When I got my iTouch I used to show every one the multi touch features and the accelerometer controls but that too wore off after a few days.

...But they aren't including that fancy-mouse standard with a new Mac, are they? You still get a one-button relic? The fact that an ordinary $10 USB mouse plugged into an OS X machine can natively right-click seems proof enough that Apple knows they screwed up, but refuse to do anything about it - without a price.

(and if you think I dislike their mice, which are at least otherwise of good quality, don't get me started on keyboards)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Multitouch is pretty cool and all but I still love my trackball lol. That and Apple's stuff is so outrageously priced. Ever since I started using Windows 7, I changed my mind about buying a MacBook. iTunes is also kinda nuts, you basically pay to download the music/app/movie/etc. because you only get to download it once (as far as I know).

As to the multitouch mouse, it seems pretty cool except for the fact it costs $70 and I don't gots that kinda moneys.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPlushroom View Post
    ...But they aren't including that fancy-mouse standard with a new Mac, are they? You still get a one-button relic? The fact that an ordinary $10 USB mouse plugged into an OS X machine can natively right-click seems proof enough that Apple knows they screwed up, but refuse to do anything about it - without a price.

(and if you think I dislike their mice, which are at least otherwise of good quality, don't get me started on keyboards)
    They include it with the newer computers they make.

As for the rest of this conversation, I'm staying out of it.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    They include it with the newer computers they make.

As for the rest of this conversation, I'm staying out of it.
    They do? I didn't think they did. It's a no-cost option at least? If so, they're finally good in my book, mouse-wise. I can't wait to play with one of those things.

I imagine its whole is more than the sum of its parts, though. Scroll sideways? My touchpad does that. Zoom in? My touchpad and mouse wheel do that. Drag? Well... yeah. Once it works with Windows (or if I manage to borrow a Mac with one) I'd love to give it a shot; it sounds like a neat little gadget. And considering how well I've adapted to a touchpad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Hehe I still hassle my MAC friends about their mouse/mice/meese. It is even better since I have one of the multi button mice from Logitech. I was playing a game a while back and have my mouse buttons mapped to common functions. My friend was looking all over the place to see how I was able to change weapons and reload so quick without moving my fingers off the move keys...

Not sure about the magicmouse yet (sounds of Magic Bus dancing in my head). I would love to try it out. I wonder when someone will make one for the PC or create a driver for this one for windows (assuming it would not blow up in a horrible puddle of apple sauce when connected to a windows system).
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    (assuming it would not blow up in a horrible puddle of apple sauce when connected to a windows system).
    HA!
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”