Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some info on the Wii...

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Need some info on the Wii...

I bought my sister a Wii for Christmas and I need some information on what else I need to buy for it. It came with a wiimote and the thing with the joy stick. So do I need to purchase another wiimote for her and my bro-inlaw to both play? And someone recommend some family friendly games for them to play together.

+rep to all who help

Default Re: Need some info on the Wii...

yes and Mario Party 8
    Quote Originally Posted by lastweek View Post
    Not only will it probably catch fire to your house, it will probably shoot peices out of your case and kill your cat. make sure you video tape your expierment.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
    Write your will before you turn it on

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

You need to buy a second controller and if it didn't come with Wii Sports, get that.

The New Super Mario Bros. just came out. It's like the old Nintendo kind of Super Mario Bros, except multiplayer. Check it out, it's supposed to be pretty cool anyways.

Super Mario Galaxy is also awesome and in my opinion a must have.

Super Mario Kart was okay I thought, but not as fun without the Wii Wheel which adds to the cost. It's worth mentioning at least.

Then of course Brawl which is pretty fun. Guitar Hero is pretty good as well.

I'd say out of all the games I've played, Wii Sports wins hands down for group games. Super Mario Galaxy is a great game for single player. I'd say those two games are the hands down need to have games for the Wii.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I second(or third) wii sports. Should have come free with the Wii, it did with mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

On the second controller... we found it was a better bang for the buck if you buy WiiPlay for 40 bucks because it comes with a second wiimote. Basically its like gettig the game for 10 bucks and a wiimote for 30.

I'm pretty sure Wii Sports is still included.

I would get a second Wiimote and nunchuck.

Excite Truck (very good)
    Zelda Twilight Princess
    New Super Mario Bros
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Smash Bros Brawl

you need another wiimote and nunchuck (part with the joystick)

for games that are singe player must haves are
    Zelda twilight princess
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 (coming out early next year) preordered a copy already.

multi player.
    new super Mario bros Wii.
    mario kart wii

mario party i guess, never played it for the wii.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

I found Cooking Mama a fun game. And its multi-player as well. I had to go out and get a recharging cradle and batteries for my remotes because I was going through batteries so fast.
    I enjoy Metroid Prime corruption for a single player game. We have a couple multiplayer. Wario Ware is fun too. And remember any Gamecube games will work just make sure to pick up a couple remote for that.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Quote Originally Posted by Bopher View Post
    And remember any Gamecube games will work just make sure to pick up a couple remote for that.
    good point, the gamecube controller will also sometimes work for some wii games like mario kart. it's fun to use the controller as a steering wheel but if your trying to beat the game then i like using the gamecube controller.

that's why i don't use my wii much. it's fun and all using all the motion stuff but after a long day of work i want to sit down and relax.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    that's why i don't use my wii much. it's fun and all using all the motion stuff but after a long day of work i want to sit down and relax.
    I rented that Force Unleashed Game for the Wii and was beat after playing for a few hours. Even playing Metroid which doesn't seem to be too much moving around tires you out. You know if I had a Wii when I was a kid I don't think I'd be such a video game addict now, lol.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."