Thread: Asus M4n72-e

Default Asus M4n72-e

i have recently purchased the ASUS M4N72-E and i tried to use it i had to reinstall windows because it wouldnt recongize the new board my problem is the motherboard doesnt have a boot menu and wont let vista install properly any ideas? anyone own this mobo and would like to help?
    “10 years ago I was banging cheerleader left overs and defending quarterbacks. Now I get excited over a box of fans and some silicone. I'm pathetic...We AMD boys like our CPU's like we like our women. Hot and fast. Do I have a deal for you! Step right up to the CRAZY MAILMAN® Phenom II emporium! EVERYTHING MUST GO!

Default Re: Asus M4n72-e

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN1630 View Post
    problem is the motherboard doesnt have a boot menu and wont let vista install properly any ideas? anyone own this mobo and would like to help?
    All motherboards have a boot menu...it might just be a different key than you're used to...either find the key in the manual or just mash the f keys during/after the post tests until it works. I'd try f2, f6, f8, f10 specifically.
    Also, you could enter the bios and find the setting to display the boot menu key during post...since I'm guessing it's not currently turned on. Is this board used?
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Also, F9 and F12.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Also, F9 and F12.
    LOL! Yeah, just mash 'em...you'll get it.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

i once had a dell that used the del key. wonky.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

the del key was the default bios entry key for many years before the whole Fkey fad kicked up lol - although del on dell is kinda funny :p

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

mobo is brand new except for teh fact that it has been sitting in its retail box since ive tried to use it i just wanna put it in since ive paid for it i saw a boot options menu in my bios for my ecs board im wondering if the asus bored will too sinc eim daul booting 7 and vista now...big differnce between 7 and vista..never belived it until i saw it for myself
    “10 years ago I was banging cheerleader left overs and defending quarterbacks. Now I get excited over a box of fans and some silicone. I'm pathetic...We AMD boys like our CPU's like we like our women. Hot and fast. Do I have a deal for you! Step right up to the CRAZY MAILMAN® Phenom II emporium! EVERYTHING MUST GO!