Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Help Me Hide My Ide Cables!

Whoa calm down guys lol. That adpmods.com is exactly wat i was looking for. I just have 1 last question, can i just replace my IDE cables with these pre-rounded/sleeved IDE cables(FIRST LINK)? Cause i dunt wanna skrew mine up.....also I prolly cant but could i use the CoolerMaster SATA cables to replace mine(SECOND LINK)?

http://www.adpmods.com/case-modding/...-p-1-c-31.html if so wat about these...?

http://www.adpmods.com/case-modding/...ge-p-1643.html

Thanks Lotz!

Fresh Paint

Yes, you can use any IDE rounded cable to go to any IDE device.

You guessed it, you cannot use a SATA cable to run an IDE device. Unless you can figure a way to get 40 signals to run on 6 wires.

Now there are PATA>SATA converters that will convert your IDE drives into SATA drives. HOWEVER, they also slow your performance, still require you to have onboard SATA ports on your mobo, add another 1.5 inches to the back of every HDD you're converting, AND require their own power from a berg connector (floppy plug).
    Last edited by Zuke; 04-06-2005 at 06:31 PM.

Yeh i didnt think so, Well then thx for all the replies guyz. Im gunna order two 18'' dual Blue UV IDE cables and one 18'' Blue UV Floppy Cable then 3-4 blue split looms and then 2 Blue UV CCFL's 2 light up my IDE'S / Floppy Cables...Its gunna be bad a$$

Overclocked

Make sure you get uv cathodes and not blue cathodes since the blue cathodes wont make the uv items react. As far as I know there is no blue uv cathodes and its one or the other.

might be a typo since your going nuts with the blue lol.
    Mesh makes the world go around!!!!

LOOL nah man theres Blue UV CCFL's Ill get ya the link m8...

Ah found it...

http://www.adpmods.com/case-modding/...IT-p-1367.html

Overclocked

Its not blue. Its purple and is because uv is hard to take pictures of. They are not blue.

Even the listing says it is uv. And I have boughten many uv cathodes from anand at adpmods.

Here is an example. ther are 3 uv cathodes in there.

they may look a bit blue but uv is not a blue bulb.

gee thx whisp...just crush my dreams k?

LOOL!!!

Overclocked

Well its a purplish blue. Its actually nice glow. In most of my systems I have done I have used UV cathodes since I don't really like bright systems. The blue reactive items will look nice. That is the point of uv. To get the items that are reactive to show up without the cathode dimming them out from too much brightness. I have found that sunbeam ones are very bright and sort of ruin the effect while some of the other brands like for example my big foot cathode is a bit darker and makes my items vibrant. The one you linked is not a sunbeam I dont think and not to say the sunbeam dont work but I have seen better when it comes to UV cathodes. You will be ok with the one you linked.

Alright then cool, u like my sig whisp? I uploaded it just now cause i figured this forums disabled image sig's since im the only 1 that i kno of with 1 lol !

Overclocked

Thats because of this rule.

"Signature Size Limits
    All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have images.
    For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 500 chars total. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
    "