Thread: Firefox vs Chrome

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Default Firefox vs Chrome

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=415]Firefox vs Chrome[/drupal]

Choosing the right browser is important for a lot of people. Some people look for ease of use, while others need speed, and still others need to be able to fully customize their online experience. This test was done for speed. Two of the top browsers on two different machines. One system is fairly new and fast and the other is outdated. I did this to get an idea where some users might be with their own systems.
    Last edited by Oneslowz28; 10-27-2009 at 04:46 AM.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Firefox vs Chrome

Firefox Preloader FTW! Without it, I probably wouldn't use Firefox. Those add-ons like Adblock and Flashblock really slow the start-up time down.

Chrome however boots up fast as lightning, however you don't get any of the add-ons except for themes. But Preloader makes it just as fast for me so I've stopped using Chrome.

So if Firefox is too slow for you, get Firefox Preloader. You get the best of both worlds that way. Fast start-up AND fast page loads.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    Firefox Preloader FTW! Without it, I probably wouldn't use Firefox. Those add-ons like Adblock and Flashblock really slow the start-up time down.

Chrome however boots up fast as lightning, however you don't get any of the add-ons except for themes. But Preloader makes it just as fast for me so I've stopped using Chrome.

So if Firefox is too slow for you, get Firefox Preloader. You get the best of both worlds that way. Fast start-up AND fast page loads.
    *shrugs* I never really close..well, either one, unless I'm rebooting my desktop, which only happens once every few months. Of course, I run FireFox entirely in a RAMdisk, so I have lightning fast start times anyway

I've not used Chrome so I don't know anything about it other than what I've read. I've been using Firefox rather than Internet Explorer, but I wonder if Chrome would be a better choice for at least some things.

I'll load it on your netbook when I'm there next. I think you'll like it.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08