Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Salvia

Default Salvia

Wow, I didn't realize how out of touch I was. We had a guest lecture at the hospital recently who was an ER physician and his talk was about legally abused OTC drugs. I did know about some of them, like the cough suppressants and such but there were some I've never heard of. Salvia was one of them. Apparently, it's legal in most states still and grown everywhere. It's even a sold as a common garden flower (which it actually is) but you can buy preparations in the mail and in certain shops to smoke, eat, or drink. Evidently, this stuff is wicked strong. At his program in Chicago some researchers were trying to develop a blood test that would show the presence of the drug in the system so the asked 10 seasoned drug users to voluntarily smoke it and have their blood drawn. After 2 min, the project was scrapped because the volunteers were deemed "unsafe to approach with a sharp object". All 10 of them (including hardcore heroin, meth, LSD, etc.. users) stated that they would never be interested in trying it again. The drug supposedly causes an "out of body experience" which leads to complete dissociation of cause and effect. In one case of a patient he had in Chicago who had ingested some of the longer acting stuff, the kid had literally chewed through the muscles in a wrist-band pattern around his left arm....to the bone....there were bite-marks in the bone! Beware!

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Default Re: Salvia

i personally have tried salvia, and wow, for about 30 minutes (which is about the duration of its hallucinogenic effects), you are in a whole different place and time. its pretty intense.

I def. wouldnt do it again. not without some hardcore meditation and safe-proofing of the house. gotta be in a perfect mindset for something like that.

Erowid.org has some more info including user experiences and description of its effects on the body. interesting read.

I HIGHLY wouldnt recommend it to anyone. lol

the cough suppressant is DXM... u can refine it outa cough syrup... or like most junkies... just chug the bottle...i live in brampton... the crackheads in my buildin will do anything cheap

and salvia is like any other hallucinogenic drug.... mindset b4 is key... or u might be stuck with a "****ty buzz"
    pretty dumb if u ask me..

http://cpj.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/44/7/565
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dextromethorphan
    whats worse is people using animal drugs...
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

I'm so glad I never got mixed up in any of this crap.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

ditto - got spiked once, found the guy and erm, well, encouraged him quite firmly not to do it again - that's about my only real experience with anything stronger than weed - and my weed experience extends to a total one time too - just not my thing.

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

I've never tried it, and though I did want to, I wont. I'm way too addictive.. so why bother trying something that I might want to do over, and over, and over, and over...

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122
    so why bother trying something that I might want to do over, and over, and over, and over...
    There's a huge difference between chemical addiction and process addiction...
    Chemical addiction is when the body craves a chemical such as nicotine.
    Examples: smoking, various drugs (not all), alcohol, etc.
    And process addiction is when someone can't stop gambling, eating, shopping, etc. It's psychological and not a physical dependency. I'll never understand how this happens, and I don't believe there is an excuse for it. I would guess that people suffering from this kind of addiction have only convinced themselves that they are addicted as there is no chemical dependency.
    Examples: gambling, various drugs (including weed and salvia), WoW<--lol

I wouldn't advocate the use of all drugs; but a lot of them are considered 'bad' (lol) because there are idiots in the world that are irresponsible. I would advocate researching the topic for yourselves and making your own decisions. Not all drugs are dangerous or addictive and forget everything that D.A.R.E. or similar groups say. They are one extreme end of the spectrum and your local drug dealer is at the other extreme. You should strive to be the educated person in the middle of the spectrum.

Now, specifically on the topic of salvia, I have personally witnessed a few people trip on it but wasn't able to experiment myself. It was in a controlled setting and only one person tripped at a time so the other two could keep them safe if the need arose. (It did not.) They spent about 15 minutes staring into space, at their hands, into a mirror, and at the rest of us. Their pupils were a bit dilated and they were pretty unresponsive just like that video, but they didn't try to move around. They all enjoyed it and had no side effects. Salvia is legal for the time being, so if anyone wants to try it your time is limited. I would highly recommend doing your homework so you know what to expect, a controlled setting such as what I described and to be in a calm, pleasant mood before tripping.

Most importantly, be responsible! I just can't believe the things some people do...they deserve exactly what they get. You are the only one responsible for your actions at the end of the day.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

After 2 min, the project was scrapped because the volunteers were deemed "unsafe to approach with a sharp object".

And this was probably the researcher's fault. Like most other drugs that cause an out of body experience or alter the mind, having a sober sitter is key when doing them. I have personally done salvia, and I probably would again if I ever feel like it, and I had a sober sitter(which I ended up not needing but it was a good thing he was there.) When I did it there were also a few others there that did it(not all at once), some of them seasoned users and some of them it was their first one, and not a single person had an adverse reaction, and none of them were "unsafe to approach with a sharp object." It's not the salvia that makes people go crazy when they use, it's the people's mindset or frame of mind while using it.

Now I'm not saying that every trip is great. I've seen a guy go crazy on shrooms before, and when I say crazy I mean bat**** loco, paranoid trying get the people who were trying to "get him". And the main problem with him was he was off by himself doing them, and only came near the other people when he started tripping. If he had done them with someone to watch him it would never have happened.

I am in no way advocating drug use, but I hate when people are bashing something because of some bad incidents. Many drugs, certified prescription ones, have various harmful side effect, and many can cause some pretty bad **** to happen, but you don't hear people out to ban them, or demonize them.

Like I said, I'm not advocating their use, I quit using just about anything besides alcohol. But I've had experience with most of them, and I hate it when people decide what it's all about with a "test" or two, without looking at other variables, other sides of the story.

Point of story, salvia is not as bad a drug as others like heroin, crack, or meth, I actually found it quite enjoyable.(doing it again is a question of how bored I am, its availablility, and if anyone wants to come on with) Yes, people can get crazy but only when they; don't know what they're doing, have the wrong mindset, don't have anyone with them, just like any other drug.

/end rant

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    I'm so glad I never got mixed up in any of this crap.

I'm with Rick on this one.

And this was probably the researcher's fault. Like most other drugs that cause an out of body experience or alter the mind, having a sober sitter is key when doing them.
    This is not all that untrue. Part of the problem as I understand it is that the concentration of any given preparation cannot be reliably confirmed. Nobody really knows how much they are taking because there isn't much "experience in the field".
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri