Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Salvia

Default Re: Salvia

Now now folks, just a friendly chit chat about some new info I learned the other day. No need for a debate. Obviously, promoting illegal substances is forbidden on TBCS but as far as I know salvia is not yet a schedule 1 drug in any other state than Illinois. But I expect that will change. As for the "experiment", it wasn't really a scientific study per se rather than just an attempt to isolate a way to test for the drug's presence. There is practically no evidence based research salvia so far, or at least none that I know of. How bad it is for people is mostly speculative and based on anecdotes of "bad trips" but I don't think anyone really knows just how dangerous it is yet.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Definitely friendly. I may be ranting a bit but I'm not going to flat out argue over anything here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    How bad it is for people is mostly speculative and based on anecdotes of "bad trips" but I don't think anyone really knows just how dangerous it is yet.
    That right there is what frustrates me. There haven't been any studies on it and there never will because the mob wants it banned before they know anything about it. 'It's too dangerous! What about the kids! Let's imprison anyone that doesn't think like we do!' What ever happened to logic and reasoning skills?

Despite whatever tone may be associated with what I have written by the reader, I'm not angry or argumentative. I'm just saying that it's wrong to close our eyes to things before we understand them. And still, while the discussion here went all the way up to the border of the aforementioned 'gray area', we only looked in and never entered.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    That right there is what frustrates me. There haven't been any studies on it and there never will because the mob wants it banned before they know anything about it. 'It's too dangerous! What about the kids! Let's imprison anyone that doesn't think like we do!' What ever happened to logic and reasoning skills?
    Oh I wouldn't say that exactly, it remains to be seen whether any good studies get done. There haven't been any yet largely because people aren't quite sure what to investigate and just measuring the mental status changes isn't that useful. Most of the health implications will likely rise from retrospective statistics when long term use effects are available in the distant future.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri