Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Robotics: Crenn's Third Year Project

Default Re: Robotics: Crenn's Third Year Project

Me too! It would have meant a major redesign of the boards, I'll try to upload some pictures later today.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Well, I should probably update.

Last Friday we attempted a flight test.... in summary, it was dangerous and we didn't prepare enough as we should. But the main thing is, we're uninjured and it's not likely to happen again because of changes to happen. I'm currently pondering whether I should release the footage of the tests, or at least crop it to avoid some of the words said during it.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

is the machine ok?

There is slight damage to to propellers, but I think they should be replaced anyway.

Well, this project is winding up. Basically the summary of what the end result of the project will be, is that it was starting to get stable, but no where near enough needed to start hovering. I'm disappointed that the result is like this, however, there has been a lot of unexpected problems during the project which meant progress stalled or even went backwards (especially when an IMU seemed to stop working correctly). We're further than we were at the start of the year, just the progress has been very disappointing. We were expecting to be able to hover in the middle of the year, and when a test was performed to attempt to fly, it highlighted a dangerous disregard for safety.
    Today one of the recommendations I made several weeks ago to prevent one of the problems occurring accidentally, was finally implemented. It took 5-10 minutes to implement and another 10-15 minutes to remove some unintended bugs (which made it harder to cause an accident, but not the behaviour desired). When I think about it, that really annoys me.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Sorry to hear man. I'm glad you at least made some kind of forward progess at least! I'm still looking forward to the outcomes of MEHA and SEPA

While forward progress is nice, it would have been better to get it at least hovering. But frankly, after the accident, I don't want to be near it when doing a flight test. Even one of the props fell off last night (they weren't tightened enough for some reason).
    MEHA and SEPA should be getting an update tonight, I have parts waiting at the post office, the major airline here grounded itself for 2 days causing chaos which meant that was delayed.

Well, the report and presentation is done which marks the end of my involvement to the project. I'll be posting up a series of posts on my website starting Friday next week. This will attempt to go into detail the reason why the project wasn't successful and some of the things that happened. I'll post in here when I upload something.