Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fan with no fans?? MADNESS!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Fan with no fans?? MADNESS!

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/10/12...ir-multiplier/

Okay, so how do we get this into our mods?

(I love how that's my first thought. COMPUTER NERD! lol)
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

ATX Mental Case gamer_from_aust's Avatar

Default Re: Fan with no fans?? MADNESS!

Can you explain how it works a bit better i read it and just made me more confused.
    So cool though.
    I hope he had a few beers to blame it on....

Picking up girls at a videogame store? sigh...... a gamer's dream

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

This tech could make for some of the coolest mods...

-Indybird

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_from_aust View Post
    Can you explain how it works a bit better i read it and just made me more confused.
    So cool though.
    Magic unicorn dust. I'm pretty sure that's how it works. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Saw a guy put an ionizer in a PC case-300CFM of air with no moving parts, but some high voltages. Ended up as I remember going out in a spectacular wash of blue fire. He messed up the ionizer, I believe, when he rewired it.

There are awesome ideas out there-we need to be unafraid to try them.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    Saw a guy put an ionizer in a PC case-300CFM of air with no moving parts, but some high voltages. Ended up as I remember going out in a spectacular wash of blue fire. He messed up the ionizer, I believe, when he rewired it.

There are awesome ideas out there-we need to be unafraid to try them.
    Was that the first or second build? I wish i could find it but limited googling didn't result in anything. Anyway I seem to remember the second one being a cleaner and/or simpler setup.

-Indybird

You do realize there is still a fan in the base, right? It is pulling air from the base and channeling it into the ring. When the air is expelled from the ring it causes a suction that will draw more air in through the ring and thus its an air multiplier.

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    You do realize there is still a fan in the base, right? It is pulling air from the base and channeling it into the ring. When the air is expelled from the ring it causes a suction that will draw more air in through the ring and thus its an air multiplier.
    What I was thinking exactly! Besides its a Dyson. You can gaurntee it will be 15x what a normal fan would cost!

-gaz

It's more than a bit expensive. $350 for a vacuum when all high end vacuums cost $250+ is understandable, but a $300 fan in a $20 fan market . . .

. . . for 100$ I might consider . . . if I were feeling really flush . . . and had everything else I ever wanted.

I'd rather buy a vornado. These are very cool looking, but c'mon, for $300? Ridiculous. Maybe if it was better than ANY vornado, but I doubt that it is. Highly doubt.

By the way, if anyone here wants a really good fan, vornado's are awesome, if not a tad expensive. But, you really only need one per house level. Funnel one of those babies onto a CPU heatsink and overclock like mad gone crazy. haha