Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Personal Website Possibilities

Default Re: Personal Website Possibilities

I have a few sites with 000webhost, but they pissed me off with their affiliate program, so I'm not promoting that side of it anymore. They're ok for a free host with no ads. Better than something like webs.com. I have another site that I'm working on (running wordpress) with site5.com. www.wierdandwhacky.com. I can't say anything bad about them. Unlimited space, bandwidth and domains for $5 a month. With their affiliate program, you can put a small banner on your site and earn like $70 per sign up. Even if you only get one sign up per year, that itself covers the cost of hosting.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I recently started my own business, kind of a small thing for now, doing mechanic work out of my garage. bikes, sleds, atv, pwc, etc. I've got cards, but a wensite would be sweet. I'm going to look into this more after work

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    Would you guys like a webdesign section here on TBCS?
    maybe a "how to use Drupal" setion. I took a read over their site and it seems a little out of my reach

SXR, follow their introduction guide step by step and you'll see how easy it is. I think I've touched a PHP file twice, modified a few style sheets for personal taste, and all the rest is point and click.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I am going to push to get us a web design forum. Just a general forum, no sub forums just 1 place for all the talk.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

A friend of mine helped me get a website set up for my comics using WordPress. I've pretty much got it set up how I wanted to so here's the link:

http://www.fknsrscmx.com

globat used to be a good host when i originally got my site, but they kept changing their rates and forcing you in to a higher bandwidth plan. now there and unlimited space and bandwidth host, with a price of what i originally had. i wouldnt recommend them, i couldnt get my domain name back when i ended up canceling with them(globocide.com) and it as bought by adsites. just recently got that back a in february

ive heard good things about dreamhost, but havent personally used them myself.