Thread: Processor Wierdness

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Processor Wierdness

I just replaced the 533fsb Celeron 3.06 Ghz in my Win7RC1 machine with a 800fsb Pentium 4 3 Ghz and re-did the experience index. CPU went down from 3.9 to 3.7. That was a little unexpected, to say the least....

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Processor Wierdness

LOL

That is definitely weird...

I think what might have happened, is the same thing that happened to me. I think mine said 3.9 too here on 7, but then I did the check thing or whatever and it was lowered. So maybe 3.9 wasn't accurate to begin with?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Well the PC was asking for a reboot and I did the test without bothering - after my son is finished sorting his facebook farm and zoo etc out, I'll restart it and try again.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Well, if that doesn't work, you can always try threatening it with a cup of water. lmao

7.9! That's much better! haha

------
    Edit:
    Okay, lame. Mine is only 3.0. T_T

Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHz 3.0
    Memory (RAM) 1.25 GB 4.1
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 5.5
    Gaming graphics 639 MB Total available graphics memory 4.3
    Primary hard disk 17GB Free (74GB Total) 4.9
    I bet even Atom chips score better than my processor does. lol (can anyone test that? what do you get for your Atom?)
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Nah, it didn't make any difference - still sitting on 3.7 - not particularly bothered - I installed Win7 just because I could - to be honest I've never used the PC extensively - my son uses it when he comes to stay with me because he prefers being downstairs in the computer room with me to being upstairs in his room on his own. The PC he has up there is almost identical in spec and running XP - he prefers the Win7 (because he doesn't understand it isn't vista and likes using the same as dad, I suspect)