Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Okay, this is starting to get a little ridiculous. lol

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Okay, this is starting to get a little ridiculous. lol

http://gizmodo.com/5376253/dell-adam...ok-air-in-half

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/07/d...updated-adamo/

It's half as thick as the macbook air and is about as thick as an iPod Touch. That's impressive as hell and all, but c'mon, really? lol

It'll be more under-powered than a netbook and it will cost $5000. You just wait and see.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: Okay, this is starting to get a little ridiculous. lol

http://www.notebooks.com/2009/09/09/...cept-notebook/

Early votes say "not an atom", but we'll see. Also, expected price is around $2499 according to a few diff sites I've seen.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

You'll probably be able to break it by simply bending it. Is that okay?

No, it's not.

I'm keeping my nigh-indestructible (except for the hinges) eight-pound Inspiron 9400, Dell. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPlushroom View Post
    I'm keeping my nigh-indestructible (except for the hinges) eight-pound Inspiron 9400, Dell. Thank you.
    I'll see your Dell Inspiron 9400 and raise you my Dell Inspiron 9700. :p

These are pretty solid laptops though. Dell sure has come a full turn from what they used to be.

As for the laptop in question... I think it'll be fine. They're more than likely going to use metal and it doesn't take much thickness to make a metal case fairly sturdy. Although, I'd definitely handle it with care anyways. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

The adamo is either aluminum or carbon fiber, or some mix of both IIRC.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

I'll see your 9700 and raise you a pair of IBM T20s, titanium frame.

I play for keeps on laptops-the main lappy I use is a Toshiba that NOTHING can stop.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

I raise you a Panasonic Toughbook CF-27.. or I would if I still had it.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    I'll see your 9700 and raise you a pair of IBM T20s, titanium frame.
    Hells yeah! Thinkpads FTW!

I don't really know what I think about the Adamo XPS. If they actually stick, like, a C2D ULV or something in it, then that will be a very impressive feat. I really can't see how they can make it that thin and still have acceptable thermal dispersal though, which makes me think it'll probably be an Atom (or an ARM. now that would be interesting).

They should make an Adamo Netbook that's just as thin as this new notebook is. I hate to say it, but if it was normally priced, I'd probably buy it. There is just something about ultra-thin products that I like, they're very visually pleasing I guess. It's like my Touch, it's not really comfortable to hold compared to the iPhone, but it just looks sooo much better. lol

I guess I'm a form over function kind of guy. Just do me one favor, if I start chanting "Apple" under my breath, take me out back with the shotgun. lmao

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

If they did make a netbook that thin, with a normal pricetab (assuming that means <$500), it would snap like a twig. I guarantee you that a large chunk of the cost of the Adamo XPS will be the (presumably) milled aluminum chassis. Personally I would have gone with carbon fibre, but hey, I didn't design the thing.