Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eb games riped me off again

Default eb games riped me off again

well sad to say Eb games ripped me off again first it was half life 2 now it's halo 3 odst. god damn i hate how we preordered the game like last month waiting to play Johnson and won't you be surprised no code to get him this is the last time am buying from them.not only that i can't get the halo reach beta damn bungie to hell
    Quote Originally Posted by lastweek View Post
    Not only will it probably catch fire to your house, it will probably shoot peices out of your case and kill your cat. make sure you video tape your expierment.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
    Write your will before you turn it on

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: eb games riped me off again

I stopped going there as well after what happened with the last game I preordered...

Basically preorder was supposed to get you early access but they didn't get them in until launch.

The game before that they were "out of" the scratchy tickets for the in game prizes for pre-orders. This was for Age of Conan and at launch these tickets were being sold on eBay for ~100-300 dollars depending on the in game item....... out of them my ass.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

When my sister pre-ordered Pokemon Diamond, they tried to pull the "we don't have the ____ that goes with it," but they did (she did get the "figurine" from them); it was just the guy there being too lazy.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Dunno about in Canada, but in the US the promos and the verbal agreements are actually binding. EB/GameStop usually have the "While Supplies Last" disclaimers, but if the attendant seems lazy enough, and you find a bored enough cop, you could probably steamroll some of the places for whatever you were promised.

That or pretend you are a lawyer.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I love to pull the lawyer card. It has gotten me everything from free pizza to Walmart refunding my $$ for a DVD player that wouldnt work. I threaten to sue every time something like this happens.

when I worked at my old job, people would say that they were lawyers to try to get a refund and I would laugh in their faces and tell them to sue me. I would even write my name down on a business card and everything. made me laugh cause the people were just trying to get their way even though they knew they were in the wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

yeah gamestop/eb games has went downhill. I preordered a Nostromo N52 from them and waited and waited. It never showed up. Well ater a month or so went by I went to best buy and it was on sale there and was cheaper so I picked it up and thne went right across the street and was getting ready to cancel my order when the douchebag be hind the counter was talking to another customer about this awesome game controller he got like 2 weeks ago. He then said it was a preorder but the guy never came to pick it up and he got lucky. The storemanager was standing there laughing about it and then I stepped up to the counter and went off like a roman candle. Within 24 hours of this happening both of those employees were no longer with the company and i got my money back plus $150 in gamestop credit. After I spent that it was the last time I ever shopped there.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

lol preordering.

I just buy games a week or two after they come out if I'm really interested.

But then again, I don't care about stuff like little figurines and special boxes and stuff, so

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I think the only thing I ever preordered was GTA:SA when it first came out lol

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    when I worked at my old job, people would say that they were lawyers to try to get a refund and I would laugh in their faces and tell them to sue me. I would even write my name down on a business card and everything. made me laugh cause the people were just trying to get their way even though they knew they were in the wrong
    Yeah, the lawyer card doesn't play well with me either. Mention a lawyer or lawsuit and the conversation is over. If someone was really going to file a lawsuit they wouldn't tell you until the papers got served.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...